Member Introduction New to the forum? Stop in and introduce yourself! If you have a tech question, check out the General Technical Section

My first Caddy - Plus: The other Cadillac Forums

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2010, 08:33 PM
Default My first Caddy - Plus: The other Cadillac Forums

Just made a deal to purchase my first Caddy. It is a 1987 DeVille. It's a kinda odd deal since I didn't set out to get either a Caddy or a big car but we needed another car and we're getting this cheap 'cuz it is a "reconstructed" vehicle. Overall, it seems to be in very good shape, especially considering it's history. The only issues seem to be a small fluid leak in the power steering, the headliner is loose and the trunk lid sits a bit ****-eyed. I'm gonna need help with all that, which is the biggest reason for my joining this group.

Interestingly, I also found another similar (perhaps larger) Caddy owners forum < http://www.cadillacforums.com > but being that I am a Hotmail user I'm not allowed to join. According to the powers that be at that forum, "There's no excuse for not having a valid ISP email address". Apparantly those admin's there have never heard of QWest and the many other ISP's which provide no email addresses other than through Hotmail, Yahoo, GMail and the like. Or they're too lazy to deal with the few bad apples that might get through. Thankfully the Admin's here are not so arrogant, ignorant or lazy. Or perhaps they simply have a better understanding of how to run a board with minimal impact by the few bad apples who use free (non-ISP) email services for questionable purposes. So, thanks Admins. I'll toast to your dedication at the next party I go to.

Last edited by AlaskaHome1959; 02-15-2010 at 10:06 PM. Reason: typo
Old 02-15-2010, 08:41 PM

sorry see below

Last edited by jnrsesv; 02-15-2010 at 08:43 PM.
Old 02-15-2010, 08:42 PM

Here Here AlaskaHome. I joined that site a couple of monthes ago and I will tell you, I wasn't to impressed as well. In my "escalade/esv section" It was a bunch of wanna be gansta's all pimpin' their whips out! The people there were not to helpful either. More or less if "you ain't rollin' on 24s or 26s" you are not going to get to many responses.

Admins we need the toasting smile please!
Rick

Old 02-15-2010, 10:12 PM
Default I ain't no p.imp, I ain't no gansta

Originally Posted by jnrsesv
It was a bunch of wanna be gansta's all p.impin' their whips out!
I'm not gonna be doing any pimping so I guess I'm not missing anything. Thanks.

Old 02-15-2010, 11:13 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by AlaskaHome1959
Just made a deal to purchase my first Caddy. It is a 1987 DeVille. It's a kinda odd deal since I didn't set out to get either a Caddy or a big car but we needed another car and we're getting this cheap 'cuz it is a "reconstructed" vehicle. Overall, it seems to be in very good shape, especially considering it's history. The only issues seem to be a small fluid leak in the power steering, the headliner is loose and the trunk lid sits a bit ****-eyed. I'm gonna need help with all that, which is the biggest reason for my joining this group.

Interestingly, I also found another similar (perhaps larger) Caddy owners forum < http://www.cadillacforums.com > but being that I am a Hotmail user I'm not allowed to join. According to the powers that be at that forum, "There's no excuse for not having a valid ISP email address". Apparantly those admin's there have never heard of QWest and the many other ISP's which provide no email addresses other than through Hotmail, Yahoo, GMail and the like. Or they're too lazy to deal with the few bad apples that might get through. Thankfully the Admin's here are not so arrogant, ignorant or lazy. Or perhaps they simply have a better understanding of how to run a board with minimal impact by the few bad apples who use free (non-ISP) email services for questionable purposes. So, thanks Admins. I'll toast to your dedication at the next party I go to.

interesting .. i used to be a moderator there .. in fact, you can still see my posts in the allante section ... key phrase is "used to be".
their idea of free speech is quite quite interesting .. Chairman Mao allowed more freedom.

toast it is !

.... ok .. ok .. twisted sense of humor ...

Last edited by Stealth; 02-15-2010 at 11:16 PM.
Old 02-20-2010, 09:04 AM
Talking Okay, more twisted humor

Originally Posted by Stealth
.... ok .. ok .. twisted sense of humor ...
You know, you may just enjoy another great website I discovered years ago. It's http://www.despair.com.

(This is not really an ad)

We've all seen and groaned over motivational posters that hang on the walls of many a company employee room. You know that they don't represent how the company really feels, only how they want to manipulate you. It's time to give up your false hopes: Despair.com welcomes you to the world of DeMotivators:

DEMOTIVATION

Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.

Yes, when you want to tell the boss that you aren't falling for anymore of his motivational crap DeMotivators will do the job. Available as posters, mugs, laptop skins, shirts and so much more. Your satisfaction is not guaranteed. After all:

CUSTOMER DISSERVICE
Because we're not satisfied until you're not satisfied.

Last edited by AlaskaHome1959; 02-20-2010 at 09:29 PM. Reason: Clarifying one minor detail
Old 10-04-2017, 10:17 PM

Bought new 2017 CT6 and love it