Cadillac Forum - Enthusiast forums for Cadillac Owners

Cadillac Forum - Enthusiast forums for Cadillac Owners (https://www.cadillacforum.com/forum/)
-   Member Introduction (https://www.cadillacforum.com/forum/member-introduction-5/)
-   -   Hi. New here with 93 Fleetwood (https://www.cadillacforum.com/forum/member-introduction-5/hi-new-here-93-fleetwood-7558/)

ttaylor 11-28-2008 12:00 PM

Hi. New here with 93 Fleetwood

I just bought a 93 Fleetwood Brougham and figured I should find a forum to learn and share info. My Caddy is nice and clean with 125K on it and still runs good. If anyone has any pointers for me for things to look out for please let me know. I am sure with all the electronics there are glitches that I need to be aware of. Thanks.

Tommy

Katzmans Caddy 11-28-2008 04:39 PM

RE: Hi. New here with 93 Fleetwood

Welcome, I like your choice, any photos?

You have chosen a fairly reliable car, last use of the small block 350 in a passenger car and lots of GMC truck chassis parts. It should serve you well like mine does.

ttaylor 11-28-2008 07:18 PM

I figured I couldn't go wrong with a Chevy 350. My car is identical to yours. I will get a pic posted as soon as I take one. My VATS has been disabled, the ride control has been replaced with airshocks, and the airbags are also disabled. That is all fine with me. I have done a little reading around the forum and have realized I may have a small electrical issue. Under heavy electrical load and low RPM's I will get a momentary dimming of the lights and a slight RPM drop. I am thinking maybe a TPS problem or maybe just a bad ground. I will have to look in to it further.

Tommy

Katzmans Caddy 11-28-2008 09:37 PM

It may be as simple as cleaning your battery terminals and making sure all grounds are good and tight. I did have that as a problem. Cadillacs need a lot of electrical power to run all the accessories soa good battery and solid grounds are important.

ttaylor 11-30-2008 01:09 PM

Pics. It is rainy and ugly out and the car is dirty but...

Katzmans Caddy 11-30-2008 03:52 PM

Very nice Fleetwood. Now that green carin the photo 1970 Montego?

ttaylor 11-30-2008 04:29 PM

It's a 70 Maverick resto project. Keeping it all stock with a 200/6 auto trans. I have new quarters coming soon and then it is going off to paint. It runs like a top with 60K on the clock.

Tommy

Katzmans Caddy 11-30-2008 06:52 PM

I knew it was a Ford product, thought it was a Torino at first, should have known it was a Maverick by the push out rear quarter window but the body side trim made me think mid-sized.

rickyd 12-01-2008 09:55 AM

t.... hey man, saw your post the other day and was going to say welcome, but that work thing called.... anyway welcome to the Forum. great place to see whats up with your ride, especially with mr Katz having the same. when i first saw your post you didnt have pics....... wow! nice cruiser!! good luck with it..... ive always said, "there is nothing better than an American V8".
rickyd.... see ya-round