Member Introduction New to the forum? Stop in and introduce yourself! If you have a tech question, check out the General Technical Section

Hello, Iam new to this and need help!

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2012, 07:42 PM
Default Hello, Iam new to this and need help!

I have a p0300 code in my 2004 cadillac deville. I have changed the front bank of ignition coils with a new set and swapped the back set with what i thought were good coils and it still runs like crap Can you test these coils with a multimeter? If you can which terminals do you connect to and what ohms should they read? I already tested them with a spark tester and cant tell if one is weak or not, because under compression it is a different story. I also have had a problem where my car would shake terribly at 68 mph and above. I had the tires rebalanced and it didnt help, changed wheel bearings, didnt help, finally I looked at the top front strut mounts and they were egged out in the rubber part and very loose, changed them and no more shake!

Old 12-14-2012, 06:09 AM

Hi Chris. Welcome and get ready to spend a ton of money on your worthless car. I'm sure if you didn't purchase an aftermarket warranty you will be willing to dump it in about a year of agony!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 12-15-2012, 10:26 AM

I have had the car for over 5 years and put 146000 miles on it, replaced one side ignition coils once, now the other side and had to replace the fuel pump, otherwise no problems. I consider that to be pretty good, im sure others have had more problems, but I do like the cars, just the need for special tools for many things is irritating. I just need to figure out how to check the coils with an ohmmeter and I have yet to find that information, or buy a coil on plug tester, either way it would be cheaper than bringing it in to a repair shop, I found a coil on plug tester for $86 on amazon, its the type you set on top of the coil when it is running. Otherwise Champion Auto Parts store will test them for free, but I have to drive the car there to do it, and it is running like crap.