Cadillac Forum - Enthusiast forums for Cadillac Owners

Cadillac Forum - Enthusiast forums for Cadillac Owners (https://www.cadillacforum.com/forum/)
-   Member Introduction (https://www.cadillacforum.com/forum/member-introduction-5/)
-   -   Carfax Cheat (https://www.cadillacforum.com/forum/member-introduction-5/carfax-cheat-15866/)

TomSchaeffer 04-16-2015 01:43 PM

Carfax Cheat

Hey guys, I'm new here! I am looking to buy a cadillac myself
But meanwhile i wanted to share the story that happened to me recently. I hope it'll be of use to you.
I bought a vehicle that had front end damage from a collision, which wasn't disclosed by the seller. And he’d shown me a CARFAX report, which also didn't show any accident records — the car was absolutely clean according to it. However, I ran a report on another website, epicvin.com, and it showed that the car was in an accident and then repaired. I don't know why this information wasn't disclosed by CARFAX, but now I'm aware that CARFAX isn’t a service that can be trusted, and I won't use it again.

2many projects 06-05-2015 07:19 PM

Carfax, Auto Check and all similar others are in competition with each other. They do not communicate with one and other.
Happens frequently what happened to you. I see it weekly in cars we sell and buy at the dealer auctions.
It's just a fact of life.
Carfax for instance only reports when there is a police report filed, other rely on insurance reports only and so on....

People who crash their cars and pay out of their own pocket and have no involvement from police or insurance can usually retain a clean CARFAX history on their vehicle.
Key word here is USUALLY.

TomSchaeffer 10-13-2021 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by 2many projects (Post 50487)
Carfax, Auto Check and all similar others are in competition with each other. They do not communicate with one and other.
Happens frequently what happened to you. I see it weekly in cars we sell and buy at the dealer auctions.
Carfax for instance only reports when there is a police report filed, other rely on insurance reports only and so on....

People who crash their cars and pay out of their own pocket and have no involvement from police or insurance can usually retain a clean CARFAX history on their vehicle.

Yeah! That's correct, I absolutely agree with you!

TomSchaeffer 11-03-2021 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by 2many projects (Post 50487)

Time passed and I am happy that I have found another great vehicle service - Epicvin
Did you try that?
They have really good reports, I love it