Member Introduction New to the forum? Stop in and introduce yourself! If you have a tech question, check out the General Technical Section

2008 SRX Noise on acceleration.

Old 01-18-2019, 02:28 PM
Angry 2008 SRX Noise on acceleration.

My 2008 SRX w/Northstar Engine 71,000 miles has an annoying noise on acceleration. Thinking it was valve clatter due to using regular fuel, took it to Cadillac dealer. They did the recommended process and added a fuel additive. This did nothing even though I ran 3 tanks of premium fuel. Noise is not audible when cruising however the slightest touch of the accelerator bring on the noise. In addition, there is a clicking sound that comes & goes. Observing engine from open hood engine sounds normal, however, laying on floor there is noise that I judge as not normal. I will truly appreciate any help on this issue. Thank you.