06 Cadillac CTS 3.6l V6 - Cadillac Forum - Enthusiast forums for Cadillac Owners

Member Introduction New to the forum? Stop in and introduce yourself! If you have a tech question, check out the General Technical Section

Old 01-27-2018, 05:04 PM

Unhappy 06 Cadillac CTS 3.6l V6

Hello so I have a 06 Cadillac cts my AC is not working. It bless hot air but not cold, I've checked my freon and I have that. I've checked all the fuses and there good also even the relay is good too. The climate control works but the problem I'm having with the climate control is the ac on and off is not working. It will not let me turn the AC on. Anyone have any ideas?
Old 02-06-2018, 10:37 AM

How do you know the freon is good? It sounds like the freon is low so the safety sensor switch won't allow the compressor to turn on. I would try adding a can of freon and if the compressor suddenly turns on then it was low on freon. My 06 DTS last spring the a/c got hot all of a sudden. I've owned the car since new and never had to service the a/c. I added 1 can of freon and it's been good since. It's not uncommon that after 12 years you have to add some freon. Doesn't mean there is a leak to worry about.
Old 03-22-2018, 04:59 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omac View Post
How do you know the freon is good? It sounds like the freon is low so the safety sensor switch won't allow the compressor to turn on. I would try adding a can of freon and if the compressor suddenly turns on then it was low on freon. My 06 DTS last spring the a/c got hot all of a sudden. I've owned the car since new and never had to service the a/c. I added 1 can of freon and it's been good since. It's not uncommon that after 12 years you have to add some freon. Doesn't mean there is a leak to worry about.
I second this.

Did you have any success so far?