General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

windshield gasket

Old 07-06-2017, 05:54 PM
Default windshield gasket

Hi to All...............My 1993 Eldorado shipped into N.Z. with a crack in the windscreen about 2" long, A replacement screen has now arrived minus any rubber gasket. The original has small chrome in-fill to suit other original rubbers. I have scoured Ebay and Steele rubber Co and Cadillacs Only (where I have purchased other stuff) but no-one can help. Can any member help with this windshield rubber / gasket.
Many thanks...
Ivan down under

Old 07-07-2017, 01:37 PM
Tech Certified Members

Part number is 25687135 (92-02 Eldo.) but it is discontinued. I have no source it may be possible to transfer it. If its not damaged when removing windshield. You may have to post on many sites to find one. You could try Cadillac LaSalle Club for help.

Old 07-09-2017, 05:33 PM

Hi Slowroll......That's pretty much what I thought, Steele Rubber have sent their catalogue so I will pass it onto the glass repair shop and see if anything suitable.
Thanks for the time you give, also on my other post I found a panel shop (body shop) that has the bore scope and booked in later this week, so will post what we find.
Getting very excited as my Eldo is nearly ready for the road. The engine sure sounds sweet, no cold running noises and very smooth.
Thanks again for help
Longer1 (from down under)

Old 08-29-2017, 01:04 AM

Hi, the panel shop turned out not to have a bore scope, the owner said he thought I meant for them to scope out the problem and then advise what they could do after that. So I took the car home and searched ebay to buy one. I have posted result on my other post Still cannot locate a windshield rubber gasket however.
Not sure where any of you live, but the floods in Texas are just horrendous, our thoughts and best wishes to all those affected.

Old 08-29-2017, 05:36 PM
Tech Certified Members

I would be far from Texas. The Mitten would be lower Michigan.

IDK about molding you may find something that will work, possibly on for a 92-97 Seville. Good Luck

Old 11-06-2018, 04:10 PM

Hi, First off are you sure the windshield is not set in using a butyl or urethane? I don't think GM had used a traditional rubber seal since the 70's. Have you tried Rubber the Right Way? I am pretty sure they offer the windshield molding, which is different than a seal. Give them a try www.RubberTheRightWay.com. I have used them many times and they are fantastic.

Old 11-07-2018, 02:44 PM
Default windshield ruber

Hi Oldtimer - Firstly I'm terribly guilty of not keeping up with the forum, I should have posted update - apologies for that.
The good news for me is that we had a very succseeful outcome to the windscreen issue. I came across a guy through information from a classic car club here in New Zealand, turns out he specializes in classic/vintage windscreen repairs. Took the car to him and he had the old rubber out in perfect condition and reassembled it with the new screen. Perfect job - cost me a bottle of the finest single malt - but worth every penny.
Since this work being done we have totally resealed all body joints, repalced all front suspensoin ball joints, tie rods, axle boots, steering control bushings and front and rear Arnotts struts and air shocks.
Next on the list is new amp speakers front and rear - after that who knows what, I'm sure I will find something to do! I will look into "Rubber the Right way"for future refeerence and info for the club .
Many thanks- Ivan down under

Old 11-08-2018, 03:00 PM

No worries Ivan! Glad to hear you have got it all sorted!! Kind regards, Oldtimer.