General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cadillac Seville sts interior lights not working

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2018, 06:43 AM
Default Cadillac Seville sts interior lights not working

Hi guys,

I recently bought A 2001 Seville STS as ive allways liked the look of these cars and ive allways liked the bigger cars like the Audi S8s/A8s etc and allways thought the cadi looked really Handsome, and one came up on ebay recently in metalic red with low miles only 70k and not too far from me so had to scoop it!

After getting the car I noticed a gap in the sunroof which was letting water into the passenger side and the carpets and foam under the carpets were soaked so i spent a couple of days drying it all out and fixed the gap in sunroof so hopefully that issue is now resolved!

The headlights seem to be on all the time and using the switch on the stalk to switch on or off or auto makes no difference!

The other issue I have are the power steering being extremely heavy, I can hear the power steering pump whining away when I turn the steering wheel, so I done the power steering bleeding procedure (wishful thinking really) which did seem to let alot of air out but its still the same so ive resulted in putting alot more air in the front tyres 45 psi which has helped quiet a bit lightening up the steering for now!

the other issues I have are the brakes being quiet spongy and unresposive and the message service stability system on the dash but no abs lights or anything else on however I have a constant code EXP ID 24 on the dash?

The other problem I have is the bose stereo comes on and seems to be working but no sound so the previous owner had fitted a pioneer head unit in the central arm rest but this will not power on either even though its something that was fitted earlier this year! and the other electrical fault is that the interior lights or door light dont work also the vanity mirror lights or footwell ones, I checked the fuses under the rear seat and found the number 27 fuse I believe blown so changed it but as soon as i switch the interior lights on it blows, i can hear a relay clicking though but dont know why it keeps blowing the fuse?

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated as im trying to fix the issues and keep the car for a while

Thanks

Last edited by H24k; 10-26-2018 at 08:04 AM.
Old 10-26-2018, 04:01 PM

Ok Ive noticed other people have also mentioned the issue with the number 27 interior light fuse that keeps blowing, so I tried again today with a 10amp as recommended however it blew as soon as I switched the light switch on, so I tried a 15 amp same again then put a 30amp fuse to see and it didnt blow and all the lights are working fine, so I thought I would try a 20 amp and that is fine aswell, all the lights are working fine, very strange! But upgrading to a 20amp fixed the issue, have no idea why this is but if anyone else has the same issue worth a try!