General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

How to reset SERVICE RIDE CONTROL msg on 04 Escalade

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2009, 02:30 PM
Question How to reset SERVICE RIDE CONTROL msg on 04 Escalade

my s.r.c. msg came on my display do to riding on a 13psi tire for xxx miles, How do I clear it from showing up now everytime I start my car, I have read disconnect the battery for 30 seconds or so, but not sure if thats just a myth or not, thanks for the help

Old 05-14-2009, 10:47 AM

Don't want to hijack this thread but no one seems to have a clear definite answer for this. I have the same issue and heres what I've been finding.

I'm 100% sure this is related to the suspension or the leveling unit. I think if someone has an insight on how to level it we could all save some money here.

First thing i found out is if the vechile been on a lift? Or tires changed recently? They are supposed to deactivate the leveling system before putting in on the left.

This is one source I found:
" The ride control is an airbag (air powered shocks) leveling system. If I remember right, they are only in the rear. They are ment to raise or lower the rear end to be level with the front end. To do this, it has air shocks in the back, which are controlled by a computer and a compressor probably under the hood. Now, the light could mean many things, the most common being that an airbag broke, and air is leaking out. You may be able to hear a whine of the compressor trying to keep it filled. Less common, but possible are that the compressor is dead, or a line ruptured. The most common reason that the airshocks go out, are when the vehicle is lifted (tire change or such) without the leveling system being deactivated. Hope this helps. Good luck.

PS. Its much cheaper to replace the shock yourself if your somewhat mechanically inclined, Only difference in it as opposed to a normal shock is its got a hose attached to it."

II. Could be as easy as a fuse.
Here's another source I found:
"My service ride control light was on my display and car was riding really low in the rear. figured my struts were going bad. turned out my fuse was blown for my ELC(electronic leveling control) and car was riding heavy when it blew, so it was stuck riding low in back and it almost fooled me into buying new struts($$$) Figured a fuse couldnt be the problem but checked just in case, and thats what it ended up being so that is the first thing I would check before I spent any money. lets hope your problem is this easy to fix. Good luck."

I'm going to check these 2 things myself and post results here.

Old 04-07-2010, 07:52 AM
Super Moderator

bumped ...