General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Seat back panel and headrest removal

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2009, 01:35 PM
Default Seat back panel and headrest removal

Ok Quick question as I don't want to break something.I am about to install two new head rest with dvd players in my deville.I have installed these on several cars before but the deville has me at a loss.

How to you remove the pouch panel on the rear of the seat as I see no visible screws on the lower half and I don't want to just start prying on it and end up breaking it.

Also how do you release the headrest from the seat?On the previous cars I installed these in there was a release button on the base of the headrest where it met the seat.

Old 11-04-2009, 01:46 PM
Tech Certified Members

Originally Posted by bowman1268
Ok Quick question as I don't want to break something.I am about to install two new head rest with dvd players in my deville.I have installed these on several cars before but the deville has me at a loss.

1)
How to you remove the pouch panel on the rear of the seat as I see no visible screws on the lower half and I don't want to just start prying on it and end up breaking it.
2)
Also how do you release the headrest from the seat?On the previous cars I installed these in there was a release button on the base of the headrest where it met the seat.
1) not sure, would have to look
2) are there two little pin holes at the base holder? those are the release holes. if so, usually a paper clip will work.
good luck
oh ill check on 1) if no one gets back before i do ill post then....... cant find what year the deville is.....?????

Last edited by rickyd; 11-04-2009 at 01:49 PM. Reason: year
Old 11-04-2009, 01:54 PM

OOps sorry about that it's a 97.

Yhea I thought pin hole too but alas it does not have those either.

Old 11-04-2009, 05:14 PM

OK for anyone else who may ever want to do this here is what I have learned so far.There are two hidden screws on the bottom of the pocket panel.You have to lean the seat all the way forward and and also move it as close to the dash as you can get it in order to get access to them.They are on the bottom far left and far right.Once you take these out simply lift the panel up and it comes right off.

I am still trying to figure out the headrest I can find no way to release them.