Cadillac XTS The new flagship brings more luxury, power and fuel economy to the Cadillac brand.

The Forum Needs Help

Old 07-25-2016, 10:06 AM
Talking The Forum Needs Help

As a long time member of the Corvette Forum and a new member of this Forum I can say with some accuracy that the Cadillac Forum is the most confusing and difficult Forum to use on the Internet. And, I must add that the membership is far too small to be of much value to someone looking for help.

Get rid of the unnecessary and time confusing steps it takes to become a member, the difficulty in finding a way to Post messages, and the never ending advertising that fills my screen.

It is clear from looking at the dates on the Posts that this is not a very active Forum, too bad, as one is needed to assist owners resolve issues and through postings contact Cadillac Service / Management who should be trolling the Posting every day to see what issues are of concern to owners.

enough of this rant, have a nice day and I look forward to all responses..

Old 07-25-2016, 01:13 PM
Tech Certified Members

It's not was it was, there aren't the techs and colorful characters there once was.there once was. I recently returned being away for a while again.

Old 01-20-2020, 03:17 PM

Well, hopefully this forum will grow and become more of a resource with help from its members. I recently joined and switched over from that "other" Cadillac forum because all of the members there seem to be sadly in denial of the Cadillac brand being in trouble in some form. Don't misunderstand. I still think Cadillac is a great car. I own one and I have owned several over the years. But let's face it. Cadillac has had a terrible history of trying to re-invent the wheel every few years and when they fail horribly, they expect us, the customer to pay dearly for it. That "other" Cadillac forum and their members just don't want to hear that. They all think that Cadillac is the greatest and they are above making any mistakes and that simply is not reality. I got tired of reading about the sparring and arguing. There are engineers trying to tell me that the NorthStar disaster was not a disaster just because they sold 20 million units. Good for them. But in the process, they eroded the Cadillac name more than any other factor in the history of the brand. There you have people claiming that Cadillac ranks #1 and #2 even though JD Power ranks them at the bottom regularly. I don't want to hear all of that. I just want a forum where I can come and read about issues and possible fixes and maybe help people with problems that I have already had to deal with. Hopefully, that's what this forum will become. We don't need to trash the Cadillac name. Cadillac has done a great job of that themselves.