Cadillac Forum - Enthusiast forums for Cadillac Owners

Cadillac Forum - Enthusiast forums for Cadillac Owners (https://www.cadillacforum.com/forum/)
-   Cadillac V Series (https://www.cadillacforum.com/forum/cadillac-v-series-28/)
-   -   Our New CTS-V Sport Wagon (https://www.cadillacforum.com/forum/cadillac-v-series-28/our-new-cts-v-sport-wagon-12087/)

jjscts-vsw 04-24-2011 09:03 PM

Our New CTS-V Sport Wagon

Can't believe the lack of posts on the V-site. Oh well - here's a new one. We ordered and picked up our 2011 Sport Wagon about two weeks ago. I gave up an 09 Z06 for this "more practical" car and am very pleased with the outcome. True - it's not as fast as the Z06 but it is a LOT more enjoyable to live with. The Z06 was a beast where the V is refined and handles suprisingly well for its weight. Acceleration is also a strong point as expected with 556hp on tap and the blower whine is music to my ears. :cool:
Our car is Thunder Gray and we opted (after we found out they existed) for the satin graphite wheel and yellow caliper package (RBJ option code and same price as the polished wheel option), and what I consider the best investment we made, the Recaro seats. If I had these seats in the Z06, I probably wouldn't be writing this note as the Z and I would still be a team. They really add a new dimension to the driving experience and I can't wait for the break-in period to be over and we head to the Tail of the Dragon (in mid June timeframe).
I put a new post on the Cadillac Photo Gallery with pictures of the car if you are interested. Can't seem to get the attachments option working on this site.:mad:

92_Daddylac 04-30-2011 05:12 AM

you have to tell me how this handles on the dragons tail. hear alot of scary things happen there but also i know the suspension on the cts-v's should do well. im not wealthy enough to buy one brand new but would love to get one used when the price is more affordable. My wife thinks im crazy to want to own a "station wagon" but i told her its a grocery getter on steroids. Ive read and seen the reviews on the wagon. I have only heard how great they are for having power and luxury all in a spacious family wagon. you can have fun in the curves all while having room for the golf clubs and kids. Anyways before i start drooling thinking about this car ill check back when you post more about your experience.

Stealth 05-01-2011 12:28 AM

2 Attachment(s)
i often i take Recaros for granted being that my Cadillacs have them ..

CTS-V Wagon has got to be the coolest family car ever !

attaching the pics is as easy as it gets .. click on the PAPER CLIP on the thread menu (assuming you have the menu turned on), just under "Message" , do the BROWSE, find your file and upload ...

jjscts-vsw 05-09-2011 09:29 PM

So far I've only driven the car to work and back with a few side trips. I'm waiting to get the Clear Bra installed (scheduled for 4 June) before taking any serious trips. Tail of the Dragon is still on and I'd be glad to share our experience. So far we are very satisfied and I can't wait use it for its intended purpose.
We've had zero problems with the car except for a rear bumper clip that was improperly installed causing the bumper to extend outside the vehicle contour. The dealer immediately took care of the issue. The only other issue I'm getting used to is the difference in milage between the Z06 and the V. In town I'd average 17-18 mpg in the 505hp Z whereas I'm averaging 13.5 in the V. Hopefully - the highway milage will be around 20. Yes, I know - you have to feed the horses so no complaints.

jjscts-vsw 05-09-2011 09:40 PM

Stelth - I must not have the menu turned on because I don't see the paperclip you are talking about.