Cadillac Forum - Enthusiast forums for Cadillac Owners

Cadillac Forum - Enthusiast forums for Cadillac Owners (https://www.cadillacforum.com/forum/)
-   Cadillac V Series (https://www.cadillacforum.com/forum/cadillac-v-series-28/)
-   -   2008 STS V (https://www.cadillacforum.com/forum/cadillac-v-series-28/2008-sts-v-4004/)

CAD4DAD 10-12-2007 10:07 PM

2008 STS V

Does anybody know if the new STS V 2008 will come with all the bells and whistles they pumped into the CTS 2008. Ambient lighting/ in dash nav/ 40g hd / ultra view sunroof etc. & is Cadillac releasing a 08 CTS V?

stomper 10-12-2007 11:20 PM

RE: 2008 STS V

ORIGINAL: CAD4DAD

Does anybody know if the new STS V 2008 will come with all the bells and whistles they pumped into the CTS 2008. Ambient lighting/ in dash nav/ 40g hd / ultra view sunroof etc. & is Cadillac releasing a 08 CTS V?
pretty sure they will and more.

i'm just wondering if they will also offer the AWD on it like in the CTS-V.

ncCADDYman 10-13-2007 07:28 AM

RE: 2008 STS V

2008 sts v comes standard with lane departure system, nav, 15 speaker bose surround, etc. but the functionaly of the technology IS NOT as capable as that from the all new cts. the new cts is the best riding cadillac sedan we have

stomper 10-13-2007 08:10 AM

Cadillac CTS-V AWD

ORIGINAL: ncCADDYman

2008 sts v comes standard with lane departure system, nav, 15 speaker bose surround, etc. but the functionaly of the technology IS NOT as capable as that from the all new cts. the new cts is the best riding cadillac sedan we have
you probably know more. can you expand on the two BOLD terms as they apply to each car?
BTW, I LOVE the CTS-V -

IMHO, when it comes to cars from this era, the CTS-V will be the HOT ROD to talk about and to own 20 years from now -specially the Cadillac CTS-V AWD . Cadillac has made a monster leap in the world class cars - the Vettes will need to catch up. But that, is another story.

ncCADDYman 10-13-2007 10:24 AM

RE: Cadillac CTS-V AWD

^ the new cts-v will have a supercharged v8 close to around 600hp (gm rep who trains us sales consultants confirmed this much to me). the dvd based nav/audio system in the current cts blow many vehicles away. from true 5.1 (6 channel) surround sound, to pausing and recording live radio, to 3 different map views on the nav, to downloading music from ipods and thumb drives ... that thing just kicks ass. and, in my opinion, in terms of ride/handling - the 2008 cts provides the best of both world (comfort and sport tuned suspension) with little exception. its truelly the best built caddy in years and i'm proud of that. AS A CADDY SALES MAN, IT'S NICE TO HAVE A PRODUCT THAT FINALLY SELLS ITSELF. in fact, many past dts/sts/deville/seville owners are jumping aboard the bandwagon as well

ncCADDYman 10-13-2007 10:25 AM

^ also, the voice recognition software in the new cts is better than ALL cars that i've experienced

slowroll 10-13-2007 11:07 AM

STS V is likely to be AWD due to is high HP engine and AWD is already an option on STS. 08 CTS V is likely to be a much better car since it would already part of the planning of the new platform.The original V was a hot rodders version : shove the most powerful engine that will fit in under the hood and move or modify everything you have to make it work with the intension of going sedan racing.Its first trip to the track it was the ultimate sleeper.

CAD4DAD 10-13-2007 09:18 PM

Will any of the new cts features be included in the 08 CTS-V? I have 6 months left on my lease and I am blown away with the features in the new CTS Amazing! but I want the extra HP in AWD if you know what I mean?

ncCADDYman 10-16-2007 07:40 AM

^ there will be no 2008 cts-v. you'll have to wait for the 2009 cts-v which should debut in mid-to-late 2008

Katzmans Caddy 10-16-2007 08:49 AM

Where I live a law has just been passed that basically makes cars like the V series redundant and darn near illegal. If you are caught going 50 km over the posted speed limit the police can sieze you car and crush it. So far in two months 220 poor soles have been the victims of the new "Police State" know as Ontario - Canada. The politicians have defined 50 over as Racing, even if you are alone with no one else on the raod.

Last night I entered a major 16 lane highway on ramp and pounced on the Northstar and before I got off the ramp and on the highway I was doing 147, OH boy close call, the limit is 100!

If that isn't bad enough if you have outstanding traffic fines your license will be suspended after 60 days outstanding. Pretty harsh accounts recievable collection practice I'd say. [:@]