Cadillac STS The newest installation of the performance sedan from Cadillac, having replaced the Seville

Top Dash and console face removal

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2017, 03:53 PM
Default Top Dash and console face removal

just bought an 05 STS .. very good condition.. never owned a Cadillac.. was going to replace the stereo with a pioneer deck and the more I talk to people the more I’m finding it might not be worth it.. for now I’m adding an aux line I. And an rca input adapter (line level) to attach the subs and amps , leaving the original deck.. I do t like this idea but was quoted 850 to install the deck and maim power write back to the trunk.. is there a dash removal guide or help available?.. as I said I am new to Cadillac and don’t want to screw anything up...
Actually..I am now thinking about replacing the entire stock stereo..I imagine i will lose some things, I really need some advice, pointers, and a basic step by step ..If i treat this like any other car, I was planning on just completely removing the deck and completely re running every wire..from power to speaker wire...everything..what exactly does that mean i would be losing, computer wise?..

Last edited by Cheffdave; 10-18-2017 at 03:02 AM.
Old 11-29-2017, 02:20 PM

My cd player crashed so I took the radio/player out of the dash. You will need some plastic tools that you can get at any auto store. To remove the surround around the radio start with your tool at the bottom and loosen the clips till they all are loose. It is easy to break the surround so be careful. I replaced the stock radio with a Pioneer and liked it more than the Cadillac radio. It had Bluetooth and touch screen. Keep your original equipment so you can replace in the car when you trade in or sell.