Cadillac Forum - Enthusiast forums for Cadillac Owners

Cadillac Forum - Enthusiast forums for Cadillac Owners (https://www.cadillacforum.com/forum/)
-   Cadillac STS (https://www.cadillacforum.com/forum/cadillac-sts-17/)
-   -   Please Help! 2006 STS slamming into gear from park. (https://www.cadillacforum.com/forum/cadillac-sts-17/please-help-2006-sts-slamming-into-gear-park-11212/)

jbann72 09-06-2010 11:37 PM

Please Help! 2006 STS slamming into gear from park.

I have a 2006 STS V6 with 44k . The last few days, when shifting from park to drive, it slams into gear. The funny thing is that it doesnt do it when the car is cold, just after it has been driven for a fe minutes. I purchased the car about a year ago with 34k on it. It was certified used and I dont know if the trans has ever been serviced. COuld it be fluid/filter? Mounts? Rear bushing? The car drives normal. No slipping or any other noticable drivability issues. Please advise. The car is out of warranty by about 60 days!

jbann72 09-06-2010 11:42 PM

Please help...STS slamming ahrd into drive

I have a 2006 STS V6 with 44k . The last few days, when shifting from park to drive, it slams into gear. The funny thing is that it doesnt do it when the car is cold, just after it has been driven for a fe minutes. I purchased the car about a year ago with 34k on it. It was certified used and I dont know if the trans has ever been serviced. COuld it be fluid/filter? Mounts? Rear bushing? The car drives normal. No slipping or any other noticable drivability issues. Please advise. The car is out of warranty by about 60 days!

jono6406 10-01-2010 07:07 AM

Originally Posted by jbann72 (Post 39288)
I purchased the car about a year ago with 34k on it. It was certified used andThe car is out of warranty by about 60 days!

My question is why is it out of warranty. You said it was certified so you shuold have a warranty up to 100k miles.

jbann72 10-02-2010 02:36 AM

2006 Sts

I bought it from a Cadillac dealership with factory warranty. Its a 2006...beginning in 2007 all Caddys have 100k power train warranty. Prior to that the factory warranty was/is 4 years or 50k miles bumper to bumper. SO my 4 years came before my 50k miles. This began about a week after the warranty expired. The update is that I took it in and the dealer said it was the rear tranny bushing. Whole rear end had to come off to replace the part. $846 was the quote. I called cadillac's customer service, argued (kinda) my case and they covered 75% of the repair. Not too bad. Kinda upset about such a costly repair at 43k miles, but I have received a call from cadillac literally everyday since the repair to see how the car is running. Not the dealer...cadillac corporate customer care. That's pretty impressive.

pigsty13 03-24-2016 10:14 PM

2006 sts

Originally Posted by jbann72 (Post 39287)

i have an 07 cts it did the same .it was the rear differential mount bushing and the trans preassure sensor ..id put my money thats whats going on with yours aswell .let me know if im wrong please if appreciate it ..

pigsty13 03-24-2016 10:24 PM

Originally Posted by pigsty13 (Post 51453)
i have an 07 cts it did the same .it was the rear differential mount bushing and the trans preassure sensor ..id put my money thats whats going on with yours aswell .let me know if im wrong please if appreciate it ..

it's about an $1,100 to fix at the dealer , you gotta take the whole ass end out then press the bushing casing out and the press the new one in the bushing is a $30 part but its a mission to try and do it your self trust me. u need a special caddilac tool to do the rear axles etc... it's not a one day job...