Cadillac Forum - Enthusiast forums for Cadillac Owners

Cadillac Forum - Enthusiast forums for Cadillac Owners (https://www.cadillacforum.com/forum/)
-   Cadillac STS (https://www.cadillacforum.com/forum/cadillac-sts-17/)
-   -   I need help with my DVD System (https://www.cadillacforum.com/forum/cadillac-sts-17/i-need-help-my-dvd-system-497/)

JK9833 02-22-2006 04:26 PM

I need help with my DVD System

I have an 06 STS with the DVD system. The DVD only displays a picture while the car is in park. Does anyone know of a way to bypass this safety feature so that the DVD will show a picture while driving?

Thank you

Jay

Doug 02-25-2006 10:07 PM

RE: I need help with my DVD System

I have a 2005 STS and am thinking the same thing. I am going to buy a manual to see if the parking switch supplies a ground, takes away a ground, or supplies or takes away a power signal to shut the DVD monitor off while the shifter is in drive. I called the Cadillac dealer and said why would some one install a DVD player that could only be viewed while in park. Do they think we want to go out to our garage and watch movies?. Prety stupid to me. I am also in the process of installing two DVD headrest monitors. just trying to figure out will the video in, inside the center console also push video out or just in as is stated on the sticker next to the RCA jack. The book calls for video out/In? Take care
Doug

cbrspeeddemon 05-28-2006 11:44 AM

I'm having the same problem (2006 STS) as well as my navigation/blue tooth phone screen becoming useless once the car is moving. I mean seriously what's wrong with these people? It's like saying you can only change the radio station if the car isn't moving!!!! I've also been trying to figure out how I can get some more power outta this damn car. The 320 hp is useless!! 0-60 in 6 seconds and quarter mile over 14?????? and all this ranting and raving about the STS-V and it only does 13.3 in quarter mile? The V8 STS is almost half a second slower than the BMW 545 in 0-60 and almost 0.7 seconds slower in quarter mile. That's a huge difference. I mean the car is comfy but I'd much rather be back in my Z06 or hell even a regular vette doing circles around everybody specially when such a tastefully designed car becomes the B**** of a wanna be foreign car when the light turns green! But with all that whining and crying, I do get some serious looks when I'm driving around and I mean I get it from grandpas all the way down to 18 year olds. Nice car but needs some more b***s.

kdanialifar@hotmail. 10-04-2006 11:40 PM

hang in there i may have somthing for you soon.

blkonblk 10-17-2006 04:04 PM

Anyone else figure it out, I have the same question, about the DVD player that is not the ba**s part...lol

majsmith 08-28-2007 10:22 PM

Anyone ever figure this one out ? I've got an '05 and would dearly love to bypass this asinine limitation.

Rockin_STS 02-20-2008 02:44 PM

Same here... I'm still looking for the bypass code on my 06 STS. Thinking about the headrest DVD's but would like the front DVD working as well for passengers on long trips.
RR

NAFTA 02-20-2008 03:28 PM

It's bypassed pretty simple. On stand alone DVD players, there is a cable which has to be grounded to the parking brake, you can just take that cable and put it with something that's constant while you're driving. I'm not sure what unit you're talking about but one of the wires from it should be for the same thing