Cadillac Forum - Enthusiast forums for Cadillac Owners

Cadillac Forum - Enthusiast forums for Cadillac Owners (https://www.cadillacforum.com/forum/)
-   Cadillac STS (https://www.cadillacforum.com/forum/cadillac-sts-17/)
-   -   Bad News for the STS and DTS? (https://www.cadillacforum.com/forum/cadillac-sts-17/bad-news-sts-dts-6937/)

Patrick 09-11-2008 10:40 AM

Bad News for the STS and DTS?

News of the upcoming CTS Sport Wagon was a big hit, but for those hoping for a larger Cadillac, you may want to start hunting the classified ads.

The folks at General Motors have recently announced that the redesigned STS and DTS have both been delayed with no stated date to continue. The market has shifted hard away from the gas guzzling luxury sedans that made Cadillac great, and as fuel prices have risen sharply in the past five years, the sales of the STS and DTS have slumped. Part of the problem is the success of the CTS, so overall the Caddy sales have not been any worse than other domestic dealerships, but with this delay we could be seeing the end of the full sized Cadillac.

Rumors state that there might be a single large sedan in the works that would replace both of the current larger models, but for the time being GM is clearly focused on growing the CTS lineup which now has a sedan, wagon, coupe (coming in 2010), and high performance model Also, GM has been working on the economy of the Escalade which now features a Hybrid trimline, so the development of a large, inefficient sedan might be a long time off unless there is a change in the market.

Katzmans Caddy 09-11-2008 12:58 PM

RE: Bad News for the STS and DTS?

It is disappointing news but history always repeats itself. The first oil crisis back in 73/74 saw knee jerk reactions by the big three then too.

In the mean time I look at the positive side, I was at a dealer last week pricing out a pre owned 2007 DTS. They were willing to let it go for $14,995. All this means is that the luxury of a big Cadillac is all that more affordable now. I like it.

STS-V 4 me 02-12-2009 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by Katzmans Caddy (Post 24966)
It is disappointing news but history always repeats itself. The first oil crisis back in 73/74 saw knee jerk reactions by the big three then too.

In the mean time I look at the positive side, I was at a dealer last week pricing out a pre owned 2007 DTS. They were willing to let it go for $14,995. All this means is that the luxury of a big Cadillac is all that more affordable now. I like it.

I just purchased an STS-V and sold an SRX to buy it. My wife drives a CTS and owning an STS was something I had always wanted to do. It's sad to see a great car go away and make way for what I guess now will a a combination of the STS and DTS line. Regardless of what Cadillac does my STS-V will always have a place in my garage!

Elomyday73 10-19-2009 02:46 PM

Bad News for the STS and DTS

I think that it might lead to something else. but for now, theyre just friends and partners. or, that they like each other, but can never be together...

Woody 11-19-2009 12:43 PM

the most sad part of the whole thing is that all they have to do is improve the milage of the cars already on the market. There are cars made today that get worse milage than the modle A ford did!!!

kuzoom 11-23-2009 11:17 PM

Hi i have 2000 sts yesterday engine check lite came on screende computer miss fire 5 cylinder says i changed spark plug and boots still same i dont know which coil pact connected to 5 cylinder any body can help me i have 2 coil pact one in front of the engine secont at the back i m not sure coil pact good or bad i dont know how check them they are not chip around 290$ thank you very much.

Woody 11-24-2009 06:43 AM

I am very new at this but I would say that you need to reset the computer. I would guess that yoo are getting a reading from when it happened. There would be on of a few options that it could have been. The plug, the wire, or the computer. If it were the coil it would have miss fired on the whole bank not just the #5 hole.

Start by resetting the computer and see if that solves it.

itisian 06-22-2010 12:39 PM

i've seen a 2006 Blue on Beige going for $9,900 .
http://www.autotrader.ca/used_cars_C...v=Ontario&r=40

Unfiday 04-05-2011 07:31 PM

Bad News for the STS and DTS

I want to see what the steering wheel looks like after a few years of wear. There are some smoking deals on leftover STS-Vs around here.

Wes 07-22-2011 12:06 PM

I did the same thing. Just bought my first Caddy (since driving my Dad's MANY years ago)... a 2008 STS4 with 40K. Bought it for $22,500. It's absolutely spotless. I'm REALLY anxious to see how this car does long term. I drive around 35-45K a year. Just finished a 1500 mile week and she performed beautifully, delivering 31 mpg on one tank and 28.5 on several others. What a FINE car this is!