Cadillac Forum - Enthusiast forums for Cadillac Owners

Cadillac Forum - Enthusiast forums for Cadillac Owners (https://www.cadillacforum.com/forum/)
-   Cadillac STS (https://www.cadillacforum.com/forum/cadillac-sts-17/)
-   -   2005 STS Allwheel Drive (https://www.cadillacforum.com/forum/cadillac-sts-17/2005-sts-allwheel-drive-10/)

BLue Racer 08-26-2004 02:46 PM

2005 STS Allwheel Drive

Does anyone know when you will be able to order the 2005 STS allwheel drive, and when will they start production on it?

White Diamond is a late availability color.....how late?

Do you like the body style of the new car? I have mixed feelings about it. I looks a little long for a smaller car and a bit heavy in the rump. The front is great the rest I think is just so so. What do you think?

I love the body style of the CTS-V, so much so I bought one in Platinum. :D

Thanks
Bill

kingofthe501 09-18-2004 07:47 PM

RE: 2005 STS Allwheel Drive

I like the body design. I heard the hey skimped on the leg room in the back seat. is that true? Also, how does that CTS-V run. Like a beauty I bet. DAMN that must be nice!!! Try to post some pics if you can!!! I would love to see it!!!

Cadman 09-19-2004 02:36 AM

The 1979 to 1985 Eldorado was a better looking car then the bustle back Seville that Bill Mitchell tended to favor, I've read... Then due to gas scares from the second crash in 1979, the downsized cars came in 1985/86. Not sure what the thinking was in terms of the design there, but from the late 60s to the 70s, the designers didn't deviate too much from Cadillac's long standing approach... influences from WW2 fighters and early aerodynamic aircraft.

When John Grettenburger and the GM's top staff took initial steps to combat the poor timing and guesswork of the downsized, he had commented that Deville was the entry-level Cadillac, Eldo was still the 'flagship' of the line, and Seville took on a more 'international' flavor. Oddly enough the 1992 Seville won my taste awards as well and looked even better in monocromatic themed STS form!
The Eldo lacked too many previous elements that I like and would put down to it's demise in the end. The formal drop-back roofline around the sailpanels that I like about the Deville as well, however the STS and Seville SLS are excellent cars that I still think look American to me. I'm a bit of an oddball, but even with the improvements, I prefer the non-airbag look interiors. They eliminate the cool look of steering wheels for example.
Anyway, the tech advances are amazing and a long, long time coming. Cadillac has a few things wrong I'd say, currently. One of them is dropping household names in favor of three letter badging. In their words (JD Power reported) 'To require the consumer to use Cadillac when discussing a car, and not just Eldo or Seville. However, if you've never heard of Cadillac, you must be from WAY out of town anyway...in other words, another planet :D[8D]

tonythemongoose 12-17-2004 05:59 PM

I've owned new cadillacs since 1993 Eldorado, Sevilles, Etc... I now own a 03 Seville SLS and a 04 STS, and to be honest with you I went and took the 05' STS for a test drive because I was looking to replace my 03 SLS but I really didn't like the body style or over all handling. The Eldorado, and Sevilles as well as the Deville were always different, so as a Cadillac owner you could decide what model fit you best but now their all the same STS ,CTS what's the difference other than 15,000 dollars I've always loved Cadillacs but honestly I'm not sure my next car will be a Cadillac.