Cadillac Forum - Enthusiast forums for Cadillac Owners

Cadillac Forum - Enthusiast forums for Cadillac Owners (https://www.cadillacforum.com/forum/)
-   Cadillac STS (https://www.cadillacforum.com/forum/cadillac-sts-17/)
-   -   1998 Cadillac STS Wheels (https://www.cadillacforum.com/forum/cadillac-sts-17/1998-cadillac-sts-wheels-12051/)

biglinton 04-14-2011 07:35 AM

1998 Cadillac STS Wheels

As we all know most newer vehicles are coming with factor 18" 20" even 22" wheels now we all are different people and i RESPECT everyones opinion on big rims and stock HOWEVER i was wondering if anyone knew if the factory 20"s on the newer models of cadillac's or even 22"s will fit on ours as in same bolt pattern etc thanks alot

92_Daddylac 04-14-2011 03:27 PM

22's will fit on a Seville. But there isnt any factory 22 on any cadillac. So you have to look into after market rims. As for Factory 20's they would have been used on escalades and the bolt pattern is not the same. I havent seen any of the other Cadillac models use 20's either. Plus If there was, then the offset from the RWD cadillacs wont be the same for the earlier FWD model cadillacs.

biglinton 04-15-2011 06:25 AM

I went on ebay and found the escalade 22" wheels nice and shiny BUT there six bolt now there are adapters to change your bolt pattern from 6 to 5 bolt i was jus wondering if anyone went this route i think ill just stick with aftermarket

biglinton 04-15-2011 06:27 AM

Daddy Lac i just looked at you cardomain page do you have a good spot to get the Vogue tires????? for a good price?????

92_Daddylac 04-17-2011 02:04 PM

like i said before you dont want to use RWD rims on FWD because the offset is different and could cause it to hit brake calipers or not be able to turn all the way. Using hub spacers to conver from one bolt patern to another is never a good idea it puts more pressure on the hub and bearings and may cause those components to fail. Now days with craigs list you can find 22's for around 1200-2500 bucks which isnt that bad as before it costed about that much for just 1 rim. Just becarefull with 22's because ive seen it snap off the bolt studs on a deville. Im not saying not to get 22's just if you do you minght want to keep that in mind. Also most cars today have larger rims and have been designed that way to handle the extra weight of larger wheels. where as the earlier cars used smaller wheels and the biggest rim cadillac used on there cars was 17's. So 20's would be a good fit and be more worth your money as most tire shops hate when a car comes in with large rims with a thin tire, they can work on them but its a BIG PITA. I know this from working at one tire shop and i would be the nice guy that would work on them cause nobody had the patience. lol. but at the same time i would tell myself what am i thinking. also vogues are usually expensive for a reason not many cars wear these style tires therefore they're not very common. You can usually get them at most tire shops and they most likely have to order them if they're a small tire shop. if im not mistaken ive seen vogues range in price depending on size as well from $300-$800 a piece. the size for stock cady rims are in the cheaper range as for the 18's i had they were priced around 400-500 a piece. Just to give you an idea of what to look for. If your lucky some people who buy cars that have vogues dont like them and buy new tires right away and the vogues will be sold at a used tire price of about $75 bucks a piece. Just have to look around cuz things very from place to place.

biglinton 04-18-2011 06:51 AM

wow thats alot to put into perspective hmmmm ima have to go back to the drawing board with this one seeing that i drive like a grandma anyway i hope i dont have any bolt snapping issues this car is going to be more of a S.L.A.B (slow loud and banging) than anything, since im stationed in upstate new york its gonna be hard but i HOPE i will be lucky enough to run across a set of vogues on craigslist for the factory wheels that would be sexy i really like how the Seville looks on 22's but we all know how expensive repairs are on these cars i dont want to give myself headaches just to look good

92_Daddylac 04-18-2011 01:10 PM

finding vogues on craigslist may be like finding a needle in a haystack. lol Try your local tire shops and see if they have any used vogues that they took off a car and saved. Also im not sure but see if they have heavy duty studs you can have installed. this may help if you want the 22's and not worry about snaping studs. You also gota be careful with bumps and pot hole theyll toast any rim with a thin tire. where i live i saw on craigs list ppl selling 2 or 3 rims cuz they cracked and bent the other ones. lol. i bent and cracked one of my 18's om a pot hole goin 35mph. it was bad, happend at night and scared the Sh!t outa me. Any ways im sure youll find what you need let me know what you end up with.

nikiej 05-05-2011 03:43 AM

Originally Posted by biglinton (Post 41715)
As we all know most newer vehicles are coming with factor 18" 20" even 22" wheels now we all are different people and i RESPECT everyones opinion on big rims and stock HOWEVER i was wondering if anyone knew if the factory 20"s on the newer models of cadillac's or even 22"s will fit on ours as in same bolt pattern etc thanks alot

I doubt 18 inch and 20 inch wheels will suit the newer models. I'm sure that 22 inch wheels will suit the newer models with same bolt pattern.

biglinton 05-06-2011 09:28 AM

Yeah bro check out my deville looks amazing with my 22's

Hookin1 05-31-2011 10:44 PM

I tried a set of 20's on my 98 sts they looked good as long as you did'nt turn.