Cadillac Forum - Enthusiast forums for Cadillac Owners

Cadillac Forum - Enthusiast forums for Cadillac Owners (https://www.cadillacforum.com/forum/)
-   Cadillac SRX (https://www.cadillacforum.com/forum/cadillac-srx-10/)
-   -   SRX vs Lincoln MKX (https://www.cadillacforum.com/forum/cadillac-srx-10/srx-vs-lincoln-mkx-3421/)

Eric Wittkopp 08-08-2007 05:04 AM

SRX vs Lincoln MKX

Has anybody compared these two vehicles? We've driven both and are happy with both. The price is similar so we're still undecided.

? 10-05-2007 05:46 PM

RE: SRX vs Lincoln MKX

I've got a 2005 SRX V8 AWD and we love it. While the new Lincoln looks sharp, I'd guess it's much smaller than the SRX. That might help you decide between the two cars.

Barry Rooker

itislaw 12-20-2007 10:37 PM

I have a 2005 SRX V8 with all the goodies and a 2007 MKX.

The SRX performance is outstanding. The AWD in the winter snow is like driving on dry pavement. However, the MKX is a smoother ride and is quieter ride. Eventhough SRX has much more power, the price tag is alot less and gas mileage is much better.

Bottom line --

SRX - Much more fun to drive -- the ultimate family road machine.
MKX - Much more practical and you get a lot for the money.

Eric Wittkopp 02-04-2008 08:04 AM

I too preferred the SRX although my wife ended up going with the MKX... it came down to looks.

Eric Wittkopp

jdavis 05-31-2008 02:30 PM

Even though this is an old topic, I find many of the responses contrary to my own experience. After I drove the 2008 MKX and SRX, I found it difficult to put them into the same catagory. The MKX felt smaller than the SRX and although it rides reasonably well, it's overall performance, comfort, and space fell short of the SRX. Styling and appearance are subjective but, to my eye the SRX is more modern and sleek while the "chunky" look of the MKX isn't any more distinctive than a Honda Pilot. The MKX is a nice vehicle but it simply did not match my requirements as well as the AWD V8 powered SRX. To each his own....:D

G.A.R.Y. 05-31-2008 05:31 PM

ORIGINAL: jdavis

Even though this is an old topic, I find many of the responses contrary to my own experience. After I drove the 2008 MKX and SRX, I found it difficult to put them into the same catagory. The MKX felt smaller than the SRX and although it rides reasonably well, it's overall performance, comfort, and space fell short of the SRX. Styling and appearance are subjective but, to my eye the SRX is more modern and sleek while the "chunky" look of the MKX isn't any more distinctive than a Honda Pilot. The MKX is a nice vehicle but it simply did not match my requirements as well as the AWD V8 powered SRX. To each his own....:D

All opinions are welcome enve on the old topics. Thanks for your input.

Jason Fritz 10-19-2008 08:35 PM

I really like the look of the Lincoln and am impressed with the overall design and features, etc. Kudos to Ford for a step in the right direction.

I have always thought that the SRX was the ultimate cross over/mid sized SUV. Luxury, performance comfort, lots of room...it definitely covers most of the bases and the cost of a good used one can't be beat.

jwoodie 03-12-2010 04:56 PM

SRX vs. MKT

I think a comparison between the old (04-09) SRX and the new Lincoln MKT is more relevant: Both have third row seating, panorama roof and 300 hp. Has anyone driven the Lincoln?