Cadillac Forum - Enthusiast forums for Cadillac Owners

Cadillac Forum - Enthusiast forums for Cadillac Owners (https://www.cadillacforum.com/forum/)
-   Cadillac SRX (https://www.cadillacforum.com/forum/cadillac-srx-10/)
-   -   New SRX 2004 Owner and some Question (https://www.cadillacforum.com/forum/cadillac-srx-10/new-srx-2004-owner-some-question-12482/)

pilot188 08-12-2011 06:56 AM

New SRX 2004 Owner and some Question

Hi all
i'm from Germany and buy 2 weeks ago a 2004 SRX with the Northstar Engine.
I love that car.
But I have some Qeustions

1) The SRX have the original Navi-System. Is there a way to connect a phone with Audiosystem (Bluetooth or wired)?
2) Some Times the DVD-Player in the front (for Navi and movies) recognize that a DVD is in the Player. Has anyone a Idea?

and as last question
The Cas is also equiped with TV, but since a couple of Years we have in Germany terrestrial TV based on DVB-T, not anymore analog.
Is there a (aftermarket) way, to equipe the TV with such a receiver?

I now, a lot of question for a new forum Member

If somebody cant understand me, I must apologize

Regards Uwe

Muewi 11-05-2011 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by pilot188 (Post 42813)
Hi all
i'm from Germany and buy 2 weeks ago a 2004 SRX with the Northstar Engine.
I love that car.
But I have some Qeustions

1) The SRX have the original Navi-System. Is there a way to connect a phone with Audiosystem (Bluetooth or wired)?
2) Some Times the DVD-Player in the front (for Navi and movies) recognize that a DVD is in the Player. Has anyone a Idea?

and as last question
The Cas is also equiped with TV, but since a couple of Years we have in Germany terrestrial TV based on DVB-T, not anymore analog.
Is there a (aftermarket) way, to equipe the TV with such a receiver?

I now, a lot of question for a new forum Member

If somebody cant understand me, I must apologize

Regards Uwe

Hi Uwe,
First question: to my knowledge there is no way to connect to the navisystem via Bluetooth. It is simply not a feature.
Second question: clean your navi-disk with a mild detergent. Do not make any fingerprints on it. That may help. If not, the player may be damage, but it can be exchanged without replacing the whole system as Cadillac suggests.
Third question: the tv receiver of the SRX is not capable of receiving digital signals. So far, I did not find any replacement, ask Geiger Cars in Munich, they might help you with an aftermarket product.

pilot188 11-06-2011 03:09 AM

Hi Muewi

Originally Posted by Muewi (Post 43478)
Second question: clean your navi-disk with a mild detergent. Do not make any fingerprints on it.

It doesnt matter, which DVD I feed the player, still not recognized :mad:

Originally Posted by Muewi (Post 43478)
That may help. If not, the player may be damage, but it can be exchanged without replacing the whole system as Cadillac suggests.

Do you have any idea where I can order a repacement or does any dvd-player fit?

CU Uwe

Muewi 11-07-2011 04:12 PM

Hi,
check with Gerner Electronics (www.lasertrader.de). There are several ways to repair your Navi-system. I sent in the complete system and had it repaired. They exchanged the player, put the system back together and sent it back to me. Cost me 600 Euros (840$). The official Cadillac service wanted me to buy a completely new Navi system for more than 3000 Euros and wanted me to believe that this system cannot be repaired at all.