Cadillac Forum - Enthusiast forums for Cadillac Owners

Cadillac Forum - Enthusiast forums for Cadillac Owners (https://www.cadillacforum.com/forum/)
-   Cadillac SRX (https://www.cadillacforum.com/forum/cadillac-srx-10/)
-   -   I get to drive a 2010 SRX (https://www.cadillacforum.com/forum/cadillac-srx-10/i-get-drive-2010-srx-9856/)

carnuted 10-02-2009 01:03 PM

I get to drive a 2010 SRX

I was fortunate enough last week to get to take part in a round table discussion with some GM brass regarding public image of the company. Unfortunately, it seems they would still rather talk to us then listen to us, but they did say that because we were there, we would all be invited to drive the new cadillacs at an event here in orlando in a couple weeks. I read some articles in anticipation of this, best one here, and really hope they bring a 2.8 turbo model with them even though they aren't being released yet. Never thought I would see a turbocharged cadillac.

jono6406 10-11-2009 07:27 AM

Originally Posted by carnuted (Post 34727)
Never thought I would see a turbocharged cadillac.

Have you forgot about the V series

carnuted 10-14-2009 03:02 PM

The V-series cars are supercharged, not turbocharged, and they do feel and behave distinctly different. I don't think a lot of older drivers would like the way a turbocharged engine would feel. But I did go drive the SRX, and I will say I was pleasantly surprised, and I did honestly like it more than the BMW M5, the Mercedes, and lexus that they had there for us to compare it to, though we just got to drive around town and never broke 35 MPH. What I really liked was the CTS Wagon they had there. That was probably my favorite, but it felt like the steering wheel was off center to me. Anyone else driven one of these yet?

D.flaps 10-30-2009 02:34 AM

I get to drive a 2010 SRX

71 SRX wrote:Pachanga-22 wrote:WOW Thats like finding a 53 Corvette in a barn all covered up. Sweet boat What part of SC are you in. Im W of Atlanta,Ga but our favorite lake in the area is Hartwell.

mkaresh 11-26-2009 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by carnuted (Post 34909)
The V-series cars are supercharged, not turbocharged, and they do feel and behave distinctly different. I don't think a lot of older drivers would like the way a turbocharged engine would feel. But I did go drive the SRX, and I will say I was pleasantly surprised, and I did honestly like it more than the BMW M5, the Mercedes, and lexus that they had there for us to compare it to, though we just got to drive around town and never broke 35 MPH. What I really liked was the CTS Wagon they had there. That was probably my favorite, but it felt like the steering wheel was off center to me. Anyone else driven one of these yet?

Max speed of 35? Sounds like they put together an especially lame drive. I've been to much better with other manufacturers.

The CTS wagon is sweet. Just a shame there's no manual for the three people who'd buy one.