Cadillac SRX The SRX offers the versatility of a mid-size sport utility vehicle with a sports car feel

Head Light auto leveling

Old 12-16-2014, 07:52 AM
Default Head Light auto leveling

Hello, I have a 2004 SRX. I recently purchased it and I'm thinking there may be an issue with the headlights. Where I bought it they require safety inspections that it had to pass before they could sell it to me. When they took it for testing before I left with it they found one of the headlights was out. They took it to a shop and when it came back it was working. From what they told me it was actually some kind of controller for the lights, I have the HID system. They do work when I'm driving at night but it seams like the standard lights are pretty dim like they might not be aimed correctly. I read that they are auto leveling so there is no way for me to manually adjust them. Is there anything I can do to see if there is an auto level issue? I'm pretty sure the dim lights are the top lights and I'm also unsure if it means anything that when I unlock the car only 3 of the 4 lights turn on. I'm more worried about seeing at night.

Attached Thumbnails Head Light auto leveling-presentation1.jpg