Cadillac Forum - Enthusiast forums for Cadillac Owners

Cadillac Forum - Enthusiast forums for Cadillac Owners (https://www.cadillacforum.com/forum/)
-   Cadillac SRX (https://www.cadillacforum.com/forum/cadillac-srx-10/)
-   -   Front Wheel Bearing Noise (https://www.cadillacforum.com/forum/cadillac-srx-10/front-wheel-bearing-noise-14696/)

prodrive98 04-22-2014 07:21 AM

Front Wheel Bearing Noise

Has anyone heard of any problems with front wheel Bearing noice have Humming sound from left front feel it in steering wheel this is on 2010 SRX

Cadillac Customer Service 04-22-2014 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by prodrive98 (Post 48336)
Has anyone heard of any problems with front wheel Bearing noice have Humming sound from left front feel it in steering wheel this is on 2010 SRX

Hello prodrive98,

I am sorry to hear of the vehicle noise concern you are experiencing with your front wheel bearings. If you would like your local Cadillac dealership to diagnose your vehicle, please let us know so we can assist throughout that process. We can be reached via email at socialmedia@gm.com and are more than happy to further discuss your current concerns. If you choose to contact us, please include your full contact information, VIN and current mileage in your email as well.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Care

Robonymous 12-03-2014 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by prodrive98 (Post 48336)

Plan on replacing the wheel hub, not covered by warranty. We did it around 60k miles.

Bengal 03-06-2018 03:21 PM

My right front wheel bearing has gone bad three times now on 2012 SRX. Every 20,000 miles it needs to be replaced. This car is an unreliable POS.

Cadillac Customer Service 03-14-2018 02:13 AM

We are sorry to hear of your experience with your front wheel bearing on your 2012 SRX. We certainly understand how frustrating repeat concerns can be on your vehicle. At your earliest convenience, could you e-mail us at socialmedia@gm.com and include "ATTN: Kell" in the subject line? We would like an opportunity to address your situation further.

Kell S.
Cadillac Customer Care

rqstudio 05-30-2018 03:02 AM

Originally Posted by Cadillac Customer Service (Post 48338)
Hello prodrive98,

I am sorry to hear of the vehicle noise concern you are experiencing with your front wheel bearings. If you would like your local Cadillac dealership to diagnose your vehicle, please let us know so we can assist throughout that process. We can be reached via email at socialmedia@gm.com and are more than happy to further discuss your current concerns. If you choose to contact us, please include your full contact information, VIN and current mileage in your email as well.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Care

I don't think he wants to pay top dollar to have it diagnosed, that is why he is on here!

FirstCadillacSRX 08-04-2018 09:02 PM

Hub bearing - Are this many problems normal?

Originally Posted by Bengal (Post 54731)
My right front wheel bearing has gone bad three times now on 2012 SRX. Every 20,000 miles it needs to be replaced. This car is an unreliable POS.

I am hoping I can confidently drive Cadillacs in the future as I like them and bought my first fairly recently. But there have been a number of issues before 50k miles. Is this normal?...

I have an upcoming visit to a dealer so I hope this is resolved. Does anyone have any comments that could help in my upcoming visit?

I bought my first Cadillac about a year ago. I had the first hub bearing go within months (near 35k miles). It was still under warranty and fixed (great service by the dealer), thankfully.

When it was fixed, I believe the dealer mentioned some type of internal communication they received about the hub bearing issues and that they were known. I asked ... What about the other hub bearing? If you knew there was an issue with one, is there an issue with the other, but it hasn’t yet gone bad?

They indicates it was just the one that went bad with the known issue.

Guess what? The other one appears to have gone bad now too (similar symptoms as before)! My warranty has now expired by time (it’s a 2014) as I’m at 45k miles.

If this is another hub bearing as I think it is, I hope this is taken care of at my upcoming visit. Any suggestions? Can this be considered warranty or be covered due to a known issue? I’ve never had these many issues with any of the multiple vehicles (including multiple other GMs) so early.