Cadillac SRX The SRX offers the versatility of a mid-size sport utility vehicle with a sports car feel

Cue screen spider webbing

Old 05-24-2018, 06:27 AM

Originally Posted by Jonscott610
I just went to the dealership yesterday thinking that I’m going to Get my cue screen fixed because the service tech told me over the phone that I would get a free screen replacement because they are aware the Screen in the Cadillac spiders on all the models and that they’re fully aware of it but when I get there the story changes to the replacement cost $1,000 and that that the new screen isn’t going to spiderweb admitting that the old screen is completely defective. It’s just ridiculous how that They can just blow you off tell you on top of it there’s $200 labor for installation so I decided to call the Cadillac manufacturer and tell them that This is a problem and that the dealership knows that the screen is extremely defective and the woman I talked to said that these forums of complaints don’t mean anything and that each of us need to call up and physically complain.She said she is aware of the issue but there hasn’t been Enough verbal complaints that I can pay the 1,200 and I will be reemberssed for it if key word if a recall comes out. So basically if you own a 2014 or 15 Cadillac you are screwed cause I keep my car garage kept and it still cracked and of coarse I’m at 54,000 miles and my warranty for that type of part is only covered to 50 it just conveniently happened right after the warranty expired. I feel this is a disgrace to the Cadillac legacy that I always dreamed of owning but now my dream car has a defective part that Cadillac is aware of. I just don’t get it. Cause I asked how are you guaranteed this doesn’t happen again and the writer tells me that it’s a totally different material that won’t crack that they are fully aware of a defective screen. I feel this should be made public, I’m thinking of going to social media, and I’m going to call Fox News and other news stations and tell them how Cadillac is selling defective parts in there cars and refuse to replace them that something as simple as a lamenant screen for the cue screen that operates everything in the car . One that spiders in nice weather and from heat coming out your vents
Hello, Jonscott610. We regret to see the sentiments that you have expressed. We strive to provide high quality, luxury vehicles that exceed our customers' expectations. Please know that your frustrations are certainly recognized and has been do***ented within our internal system. Should you need further assistance, please email socialmedia@gm.com.

Old 05-24-2018, 05:15 PM
Unhappy Cue screen spider webbing

my SRX screen is also spider cracking and it seems to be getting worse. It looks terrible and is the first thing people comment on when they get in my vehicle. We brought it in before warranty was up but we’re told it looked like it was done on purpose too much force. I called Cadillac and they said to go back and get a diagnostic done. I’m not sure why I should need to do that when according to this forum this is a known issue. Anybody get a good resolution or if you paid to fix what’s the average cost?

Old 05-26-2018, 08:30 PM
Default Cue screen cracked

As many other of you, no abuse or physical damage, and just a few months out of Warranty....has GM stepped up to the plate on this issue? Just happened to me today, over a holiday weekend....

Old 05-28-2018, 09:42 AM
Default Discovered cue screen had spider crack

While on vacation, my parents left their Cadillac in a hotel parking lot all day. In the evening, I went out to the car and discovered the cue screen was cracked when entering the car. No one in my family believes me and thinks it couldn’t happen without impact especially since the windows were cracked. Their car is under warranty but they are upset I am not telling the truth about it. Do you have statistics on how often this happens? I can see this forum is flooded with similar issues. It isn’t enough. Help me prove to them this is the shotty design of the Cadillac. Please.

Old 05-28-2018, 12:28 PM

This happen to my 2013 ATS 5/27/2018. Please let me know your outcome.

Old 05-30-2018, 06:57 AM
Angry CUE screen spider webbing

Same issue as previously reported. Sunday morning, turned on car and screen looked like a phone that got dropped. This is very disappointing for a 2014 vehicle - or any vehicle. Certainly not a wear item, or one that get's abused. This is clearly a defect in the glass that needs to be addressed.

Jim

Attached Thumbnails Cue screen spider webbing-cue-screen.jpg  
Old 05-31-2018, 11:52 AM
Angry Heat completely shattered my Cue screen

Even with the windows cracked the heat completely spider webbed my 2014 XTS Cue Screen. I am hoping with so many of these that Cadillac will put out a bulletin or recall. This is Michigan, cannot imagine what people are going through in warmer states.

Old 06-09-2018, 07:57 PM
Default CUE screen spider-webbed

Has anyone heard any updates about this? I have a 2013 SRX and this just happened. I find it unacceptable that Cadillac knows about the defect and isn’t taking care of it.

I’ve been a proud and loyal Cadillac owner since 2000 — very disappointed.

Old 06-12-2018, 04:55 PM
Default Spider web cracks in CUE screen on SRX

Went out to get in my 2014 SRX today and found the upper left of the CUE screen completely scratched/spiderweb crack ..... What is the solution to this problem??

Old 06-14-2018, 02:14 PM

I was told by my dealership that the CUE screen was covered under basic warranty and while we were under the mileage parameter, we were over 4 years old, so it is not covered for us. We were quoted $3000 (CAD) for parts and labor to replace it. Unacceptable. Now that I know Cadillac is aware of the issue and knows of the DEFECT, how can they possibly expect their CUSTOMERS to pay for that? Waiting to hear back from Customer Service -- will take to social media, if need be.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Cue screen spider webbing