Cadillac SRX The SRX offers the versatility of a mid-size sport utility vehicle with a sports car feel

Cue screen spider webbing

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2018, 12:12 PM

I just bought a used 2016 ATS 3.6L with low miles and this happened yesterday. *grunch* I'm guessing this has to do with the adjacent air vents? I've had this car a week with no issues, and then yesterday when driving home it was a hot day and the AC was pumping but the air vent adjacent and left of the CUE screen was closed. I opened it, and about 5 minutes later when I looked back to change the radio... BOOM! Spiderwebs right next to the same air vent.

Just got back from the dealer and still being under warranty it looks like they're going to replace at no cost. I have to go back Monday to grab my loaner and drop baby off, but adviser said she would order the screen in the meantime and mentioned nothing about cost.

Kills me to see this is a common problem and will likely happen again.

Old 05-10-2018, 12:55 PM

Mine had the same issue. I took it to the dealership and mine was under warranty and they replaced. However I am concerned with so many of us have the same issue that one "NO DEFECT" or RECALL

They should be held accountable since this has nothing to do with me and the use of my cue.

Old 05-10-2018, 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by Rwilliams
I came out to my vehicle this morning to find my cue has spider webbed. I called the dealership and they cannot tell me if it will be covered with my extended bumper to bumper warranty. Seems to me to be a defeat and my husband and I was looking into purchasing his first Cadillac. Think I will wait to see what happens with this. I also asked if there was any recalls on the cue, and of course there isn't at this time. I see all the complaints and it sickens me to think we pay all this money for a vehicle that in my opinion has a defect with the cue, and no recalls.

I will update everyone after my appointment this afternoon.

Rebecca
My Cue was under warranty and was replaced. I asked questions, trying to find out what caused the issue but I received no reply. I am glad I was under warranty but concerned this is an ongoing problem. I know they have no recalls and when I mentioned this seemed to be a defect, the room got quiet.

Old 05-14-2018, 12:13 PM
Angry Cue screen spider webbing

HI,
I got the same Cue screen spider webbing last week. I parked my SRX 2013 on parking lot of my company for ~8 hrs last Wednesday. When I started my car back home, I suddenly found this spider webbing on my Cue screen. The system is still operational. The break seems from inside out. My SRX 2013 has only <33,000 miles on it. I contacted local Cadillac dealer. They said that it is out of warranty and needs $1,200 non-refundable deposit for repair. I checked internet and found that this seems the problem only found on Cadillac. I feel that this is a quality issue not a use issue. Is there any one who has idea how to handle this problem? Thanks!

Steven

Old 05-14-2018, 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by SRX13087
HI,
I got the same Cue screen spider webbing last week. I parked my SRX 2013 on parking lot of my company for ~8 hrs last Wednesday. When I started my car back home, I suddenly found this spider webbing on my Cue screen. The system is still operational. The break seems from inside out. My SRX 2013 has only <33,000 miles on it. I contacted local Cadillac dealer. They said that it is out of warranty and needs $1,200 non-refundable deposit for repair. I checked internet and found that this seems the problem only found on Cadillac. I feel that this is a quality issue not a use issue. Is there any one who has idea how to handle this problem? Thanks!

Steven
Class action lawsuit from all Cadillac owners experiencing this problem? I had read there were over 16,000 reported incidents.

I dropped mine off this morning for the replacement (under warranty thankfully) along with a look at my transmission which seems to have some issues as well.

Old 05-14-2018, 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by my3sons
I have 2016 ATS 3.6, 21000 miles, never toughed screen but for finder tips. Regarding "cracks", Its not cracks on mine-. The touch Screen is likely lifting off the display. This happened on first warm day over 80f in NY while parked. The lines are smooth and rounded at ends when one looks close-not actual cracks in glass or plastic. Touch screens are mounted on top of display-likely use glues. Called dealer but sadly they need to SEE it first. Then remove it, inspect, then order it. Not happy this will cost excess time, best be under warranty. 100% sure this is defective mounting or materials. My first Cadi-lets see how this goes.

Update: 5-7-18 The dealer service mgr kindly called back today and said they didn't need to see my CUE screen. But they also said they needed to order one since they are out of screens. Likely this is a well known defect, and they cant keep the screens in stock. Still hope they don't send me a bill after the work, and I hope they don't install another defect waiting to happen. A service bulletin should explain this, so were is one? Heat, time, and bend seems to influence these radial lines in the back screen glue. I have 1 yr left to initial warranty.
Spider web lifting of CUE screen-after 1 warm day in NY (not warm like FLA)
Interesting. I'm wondering if this is like the "glass lens cover" you can get for cell phones? I think the day before you're going to replace the unit you should see if you can peal off the top coat?

Old 05-18-2018, 07:47 AM
Cool

Originally Posted by my3sons
I have 2016 ATS 3.6, 21000 miles, never toughed screen but for finder tips. Regarding "cracks", Its not cracks on mine-. The touch Screen is likely lifting off the display. This happened on first warm day over 80f in NY while parked. The lines are smooth and rounded at ends when one looks close-not actual cracks in glass or plastic. Touch screens are mounted on top of display-likely use glues. Called dealer but sadly they need to SEE it first. Then remove it, inspect, then order it. Not happy this will cost excess time, best be under warranty. 100% sure this is defective mounting or materials. My first Cadi-lets see how this goes.

Update: 5-7-18 The dealer service mgr kindly called back today and said they didn't need to see my CUE screen. But they also said they needed to order one since they are out of screens. Likely this is a well known defect, and they cant keep the screens in stock. Still hope they don't send me a bill after the work, and I hope they don't install another defect waiting to happen. A service bulletin should explain this, so were is one? Heat, time, and bend seems to influence these radial lines in the back screen glue. I have 1 yr left to initial warranty.
Spider web lifting of CUE screen-after 1 warm day in NY (not warm like FLA)
Final- update I hope:
Cadi Dealer replaced the screen under orig warranty, and seemed to be familiar with this issue. Service mgr noted he has yet to see a repeat screen delamination occur after a replacement. He could not tell me if the screens were made better or differently. To me the issue is the soft glue between the touch screen-sensor screen which seems to start to pull off after excessive heat. If these parts were sandwiched better, or more flatly, this may not happen, unless its just that the glue was not placed on well, or was defective. The lines are AIR which slips inside the screen as the glue shrinks or the screen lifts. This is only My opinion an a jack of all trades engineer. Definitely someone has a bulletin on this and the MFGR is getting holy-hell on the quality as this is costly to someone. Too bad we wont know which screens if any are good ones. I will be curious as to what the real issue was. I should have kept the old screen and ripped it apart to find out myself. Until I know, I will fear warm days but how many can there be in upper NY.

Old 05-18-2018, 11:41 AM

Having the same problem with our 2014 SRX with 60,000 miles. The CUE screen is cracked/spider webbed. The dealer advised this was a $2000.00 repair that we would be responsible for as the car is out of warranty and there is no extended warranty coverage. Since this is a somewhat common problem as evidenced by the other commenters, is there something Cadillac can to help us take care of this issue?

Old 05-18-2018, 06:48 PM
Default CUE Screen Spider Webbing

I have a 2013 Cadillac ATS that was purchased preowned about 2.5 years ago. A few hair line cracks were notice a couple of weeks ago that now have progressed to spider web appearance. The outside screen is smooth BUT the CUE edge has what appears to be little air bubble under the clear plastic coating. I'm beyond the 50,000 miles warranty but this seems like a manufactory defect. issue. I live in Texas and it's only going to get hotter which means the entire screen will probably shatter. Is any type of rebate availble?

Old 05-23-2018, 02:24 PM
Default Cadillac Admits that part for the cue screen is defective

I just went to the dealership yesterday thinking that I’m going to Get my cue screen fixed because the service tech told me over the phone that I would get a free screen replacement because they are aware the Screen in the Cadillac spiders on all the models and that they’re fully aware of it but when I get there the story changes to the replacement cost $1,000 and that that the new screen isn’t going to spiderweb admitting that the old screen is completely defective. It’s just ridiculous how that They can just blow you off tell you on top of it there’s $200 labor for installation so I decided to call the Cadillac manufacturer and tell them that This is a problem and that the dealership knows that the screen is extremely defective and the woman I talked to said that these forums of complaints don’t mean anything and that each of us need to call up and physically complain.She said she is aware of the issue but there hasn’t been Enough verbal complaints that I can pay the 1,200 and I will be reemberssed for it if key word if a recall comes out. So basically if you own a 2014 or 15 Cadillac you are screwed cause I keep my car garage kept and it still cracked and of coarse I’m at 54,000 miles and my warranty for that type of part is only covered to 50 it just conveniently happened right after the warranty expired. I feel this is a disgrace to the Cadillac legacy that I always dreamed of owning but now my dream car has a defective part that Cadillac is aware of. I just don’t get it. Cause I asked how are you guaranteed this doesn’t happen again and the writer tells me that it’s a totally different material that won’t crack that they are fully aware of a defective screen. I feel this should be made public, I’m thinking of going to social media, and I’m going to call Fox News and other news stations and tell them how Cadillac is selling defective parts in there cars and refuse to replace them that something as simple as a lamenant screen for the cue screen that operates everything in the car . One that spiders in nice weather and from heat coming out your vents

Quick Reply: Cue screen spider webbing