Cadillac SRX The SRX offers the versatility of a mid-size sport utility vehicle with a sports car feel

Cue screen spider webbing

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2017, 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by mommabean
My Cue was fine when I walked into the grocery store. Five minutes later I got back in the car and wondered what happened. It wasn't even hot outside. I only have 14,000 miles on the car and keep it parked inside my garage when not in use. The fine webbing on the right of the screen at first appeared like frost so I thought it was moisture from the AC. Upon closer inspection, it's permanent.

Today I called Field's Cadillac in St. Augustine and they said they would order a new Cue and call me next week when it comes in. No questions asked. They must know this is an issue. I get great service always by Field's so I think this repair will go smoothly.

Sorry for the sideways picture - it doesn't appear like that in my file.
The repair was done. The screen is good as new. I was worried I'd have to reprogram everything but that module is not part of the cue screen so everything worked as I had it set up.

Old 09-16-2017, 09:22 AM

Originally Posted by Psilva0912
Ashley,

I need your help !!!!
Ive had the same issue my cue screen cracked last week of April 2017
I was under my 50k miles but 21 days over the 4 year warranty !!!
I have been going back and forth with Cadillac care since APRIL regarding this DEFECT that cue screens have and still no luck!!!!! Im waiting to hear from a supervisor or Manager because I dont feel I should pay over a thousand dollars to fix something that is a DEFECT on their end....
Hey Psilva, did you get any assistance? I'm in the same boat, my screen just cracked couple weeks back 4 days after warranty expired and I have been going back and forth with Cadillac and dealership... Please let me know thanks

Old 10-18-2017, 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by mrfixit143
Hi,

I came out to my 2014 SRX yesterday after not driving it for a few days. I noticed that the cue screen on the left side had some spider webbing cracks in the screen , NO impact to the screen from objects and you cant feel the cracks with your nails. I drove it for about 1 hour with the heat on and it appears to have spread into longer cracks. What gives ? I`m contacting my dealer and the Cadillac customer service department and see what they are going to do . I only have 17k on it . I HOPE they dont give me a problem and say its from abuse or misuse, it is a touch screen and I see that other Cadillac`s are having the same issue.

Jim
Wow!! This is exactly- what is happening to my 2013 cadillac srx! I replaced the whole cue computer not even 2 years ago at the dealership- and now cadillac said i must pay 500 to replace it again- and that there is no guarantee the cracking wont happen AGAIN. Im so disappointed that i am considering not repurchasing another cadillac. This is my second cadillac- had an escalade previously. I cant afford to replace this every other year and i have to replace it if i want to sell the car.

Old 10-18-2017, 09:02 PM
Default Cue spider cracking for no apparent reason

Originally Posted by Cadillac Customer Service
Hi Jim,

I'm very sorry to hear about these cracks in your CUE screen. Were you able to get this repaired by your local dealership? If you are still in need of assistance, please send us a private message; we would be happy to help.

Ashley R.
Cadillac Customer Care
Hello Ashley-
i noticed 16000 cadillac owners have viewed or complained about this issue- however cadillac is not assisting with this or changing who supplies these flawed parts on their cars?? In addition i was told i would have to pay $500 dollars to have it repaired but theres no warranty or guarantee it would not happen again.

Old 10-27-2017, 07:47 PM
Thumbs down 2013 cue screen cracked and now i have to pay

Ashely R,

i hope yoh are still out there!! I purchased a 2013 SRX brand new from our local dealership I have 49,321 miles (under the 50,000) but I am weeks out of the 5 year date from when I picked up my car.

My delaership used the new calculator information to give me a quote on fixing my CUE screen because this summers heat & then cold air conditioning put spide web cracks on this inside of the screen.

With this issue happening on 2013 & 2014 CUE systems, why should I have to pay close to $150 to have it replaced? Is there anything Cadillac can do about this? Why hasn’t a recall been issued for this problem?

Thank you.
Megan F

Old 12-01-2017, 06:11 PM
Unhappy GM dealer refused to honor warranty

I have the problem of my Cadillac que infotainment system spider cracking and a GM dealer John Miles in Conyers, GA refused to honor my bumper to bumper warranty on my 2016 SRX in which I am still under 50K miles because screen was cracked.

Sad in ATL Denise

Old 12-11-2017, 05:50 PM

When I purchased my first Cadillac I was certain they were all I would ever drive again. I absolutely LOVE my 2013 Cadillac SRX, however my touch screen fell victim to the heat and has spider webbing. We took it into the Cadillac dealership and because we were just over the mileage warranty they told us it was not covered. It has only gotten worse since then and now functions on the screen have stopped working. I was told it would be $1500.00 to fix it out of pocket. Now to top it off, my seat warmers have both stopped working. When I turn them on, they shut off 3 seconds later. I am feeling very torn because I can still say to this day that I LOVE my car but with these issues popping up my love of Cadillac is slowly dwindling. Is there anything Cadillac will do to help with the screen issue?

Old 01-01-2018, 02:08 PM
Default Same problem

[
I need help with this same problem! QUOTE=Cadillac Customer Service;51396]Hi Jim,

I'm very sorry to hear about these cracks in your CUE screen. Were you able to get this repaired by your local dealership? If you are still in need of assistance, please send us a private message; we would be happy to help.

Ashley R.
Cadillac Customer Care[/QUOTE]

Old 01-01-2018, 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by Masonlyle
[[left]I need help with this same problem! QUOTE=Cadillac Customer Service;51396]Hi Jim,

Ashley R.
Cadillac Customer Care
[/QUOTE]

Ashley,

We were not able to get this repaired yet. When it initially cracked we were less than 2,000 miles over our warranty, but the dealership did not want to help us out in any way. We researched and found this is such a common problem that we are surprised it is not a warranty recall. The Cadillac Dealership is willing to repair it, but it is $1,500 for the CUE system because they can't replace just the screen. This does not include the several hours of installation charges on top of that. We are just disappointed that in a brand as quality as Cadillac that they would have such a common problem amongst their product lines with almost absolutely no fair resolution for their loyal client base. At this point we don't know what to do other than swallow a near $2,000 repair cost after installation and sales tax and move on.

Old 01-02-2018, 01:14 PM
Default Cadillac SRX 2013 - Screen not working and webbing

I've only had my SRX since July 2017 and the screen has already completely stopped working and spider webbing. I've noticed that a lot of people have had this issue. For people who have gone through this, what did you do? Did you have to get the screen replaced? It seems crazy to spend the thousand plus dollars to do that on something that is not your fault.

Any advice here would be SO appreciated!

Quick Reply: Cue screen spider webbing