Cadillac SRX The SRX offers the versatility of a mid-size sport utility vehicle with a sports car feel

Cue screen spider webbing

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2018, 11:12 AM
Default 2014 SRX. My screen is also spider webbing...any solutions?

Originally Posted by Justin Stratton
My dealer said it was past 3 years so they want $1500 to fix the cracked screen. I personally know 3 other cadillac owners tjis happened to. I even boight a 100000 mile warranty but the cadillac dealer sold me one that was not by GM. I only have 25k miles on my garaged XTS. This shoild be recall repair.
Originally Posted by Kplambeck
I have my 2014 SRX at my dealership today and was told it would cost $1,060 to replace the cracked Cue screen. I keep my car parked in a garage both at home and work. With the volume of individuals who have this issue, the response by Cadillac is extremely disappointing. Unfortunately I do not think I will invest in another Cadillac as a result.
Hi!! Did you find a solution? I also have a 2014 with the webbing, my screen no longer works. So frustrating.

Old 01-30-2019, 12:29 PM
Default Cue screen spider webbing

I have a 2014 Cadillac ATS.but bought 11/2015 .that had same problem on 12/27/2017 they replace with out a problem. Now it's 1/30/2019 An same problem again. I called an was told $187.00 for labor. I understand someone needs paid but I shouldn't be the one paying them. This is a defect not something I've done. Only 34,000 on car an the new replacement was on 14 months ago. I'm waiting for a call back since I refuse to pay for a defected part an seeing I'm not the only one isn't right. I will go to the top of the chain then my family lawyer. This issue needs fixed period!! Might be looking for something other then a Cadillac if this doesn't go right... I seen on here there is a class action law suit 🤔

Last edited by sonialistman; 01-30-2019 at 05:20 PM.
Old 03-02-2019, 03:38 PM
Default 2015 SRX Cue display spider cracks

Hello, my wife has a 2015 SRX and she just noticed spider cracks on the Cue display. We took it to the local dealer and the said it is not covered under the extended warranty. Is there anything that can be done? They want to charge $1500. It is sad to drive a beautiful car an then the screen in the center looks horrible.

Last edited by JensK; 03-03-2019 at 06:59 AM.
Old 03-18-2019, 10:00 PM
Default Cue screen

Just replaced mine. Ebay purchase. 100 and some odd dollars.
Removing the Cue/radio was not difficult.
A few hours total for removing and replacing.
Instructions came with the screen and I also went online and did a search for replacement.
It was not difficult at all.
If you decide to do yours, wear rubber gloves like the doctors use. When you remove the old screen...the black matrix screen behind the Cue screen absorbes fingerprints easy! And once you get it all back together...you'll notice the fingerprints when you turn the Cue/radio on otherwise! I had to remove the Cue a second time and wipe the prints off.

Originally Posted by JensK

Hello, my wife has a 2015 SRX and she just noticed spider cracks on the Cue display. We took it to the local dealer and the said it is not covered under the extended warranty. Is there anything that can be done? They want to charge $1500. It is sad to drive a beautiful car an then the screen in the center looks horrible.

Old 05-16-2019, 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by Cadillac Customer Service
Hi Jim,

I'm very sorry to hear about these cracks in your CUE screen. Were you able to get this repaired by your local dealership? If you are still in need of assistance, please send us a private message; we would be happy to help.

Ashley R.
Cadillac Customer Care
Ashley,

My name is Tony Motquin, I am from Green Bay, WI. On April 20th, 2019 I bought a used 2013 ATS with only 38000 miles on it. Yesterday, 5/15/19 when I got in my car after work I noticed spider webbing in the lower right corner of the CUE screen, the same spider webbing that people on this forum have been talking about. I took it to the local Cadillac dealer in Green Bay. They knew exactly what I was talking about as they have seen numerous CUE screens with this same issue. They told me that it was going to be $1600 to fix which is a lot since this is a manufactring defect. Has Cadillac now conceded that this ia a manufacturing defect? I'm wondering if you would be able to help me with this. I have read on this forum as well as on other forums where even though out of warranty Cadillac has replaced the CUE at no cost and the consumer has paid for the labor. $1600 is a hard pill to swallow for a vehicle that I have only had a little over 3wks that at this point only has 39000 miles on it.

- Tony Motquin

Old 05-16-2019, 04:10 PM
Default spider web cracking que system

I have a 2013 SRX and first the screen stopped working all together, they put in a new system and covered that. Now 2 years later that screen is cracking from the inside. This a serious issue as my son has also purchased a Cadillac. This car has been a disappointment. When its very obvious that multiple people have had this issue, We pay enough for these cars and these issues should not fall on our shoulders. Cadillac should support their customers or we will just buy other cars in the future.

Old 05-16-2019, 04:11 PM

did you ever get help for this issue?

Old 05-24-2019, 07:24 AM
Default Is there really no service bulletin for this?

I have a 2014 ATS bought new. Spider webbing appeared yesterday afternoon out of nowhere on one third of the screen. Surely with so many occurrences this should be covered. I plan to contact the dealer today but it would certainly be less painful if I could direct them to a specific service bulletin.

Old 05-24-2019, 07:30 AM

Originally Posted by TheOriginalMrT
I have a 2014 ATS bought new. Spider webbing appeared yesterday afternoon out of nowhere on one third of the screen. Surely with so many occurrences this should be covered. I plan to contact the dealer today but it would certainly be less painful if I could direct them to a specific service bulletin.
Fixed myself. Bought replacement display and tools for $64 on Amazon. Watched YouTube how to video. In just under 1.5 hrs the replacement display was installed and working. $64 v $1600, no brainer.

Old 05-24-2019, 07:36 AM

Originally Posted by tfmotquin
Ashley,

My name is Tony Motquin, I am from Green Bay, WI. On April 20th, 2019 I bought a used 2013 ATS with only 38000 miles on it. Yesterday, 5/15/19 when I got in my car after work I noticed spider webbing in the lower right corner of the CUE screen, the same spider webbing that people on this forum have been talking about. I took it to the local Cadillac dealer in Green Bay. They knew exactly what I was talking about as they have seen numerous CUE screens with this same issue. They told me that it was going to be $1600 to fix which is a lot since this is a manufactring defect. Has Cadillac now conceded that this ia a manufacturing defect? I'm wondering if you would be able to help me with this. I have read on this forum as well as on other forums where even though out of warranty Cadillac has replaced the CUE at no cost and the consumer has paid for the labor. $1600 is a hard pill to swallow for a vehicle that I have only had a little over 3wks that at this point only has 39000 miles on it.

- Tony Motquin
UPDATE:
Cadillac would not cover anything. Dealer won't replace just the display, they replace entire CUE unit, 4hrs labor and CUE unit $1600.

I fixed it myself. Bought replacement display and tools for $64 on Amazon. Watched YouTube how to video. In just under 1.5 hrs the replacement display was installed and working. $64 v $1600, no brainer.

Quick Reply: Cue screen spider webbing