Cadillac SRX The SRX offers the versatility of a mid-size sport utility vehicle with a sports car feel

Cue screen spider webbing

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2018, 03:29 PM
Default Cadillac 2013 SRX Cracked Screen Again!

I had the dealer replace the screen 18 months ago and it has cracked again. The spider cracks get bigger by the day. I called Cadillac and they told me that the Cue/Radio only has a 1 yr warranty. Very bad representation from a company that already knows this is a defect. I'm not spending a penny on the radio. Time to switch Cars and Companies.

Old 08-21-2018, 12:09 AM
Default 2014 XTS with a cracked screen.

My dealer said it was past 3 years so they want $1500 to fix the cracked screen. I personally know 3 other cadillac owners tjis happened to. I even boight a 100000 mile warranty but the cadillac dealer sold me one that was not by GM. I only have 25k miles on my garaged XTS. This shoild be recall repair.

Last edited by Justin Stratton; 08-21-2018 at 12:11 AM. Reason: Typo
Old 08-22-2018, 12:17 PM
Default Cue screen spider webbing cracks

I have my 2014 SRX at my dealership today and was told it would cost $1,060 to replace the cracked Cue screen. I keep my car parked in a garage both at home and work. With the volume of individuals who have this issue, the response by Cadillac is extremely disappointing. Unfortunately I do not think I will invest in another Cadillac as a result.

Last edited by Kplambeck; 08-22-2018 at 05:12 PM.
Old 08-31-2018, 11:28 PM
Angry same issue

I have a 2013 Cadillac ATS and this same stuff started happening to me a couple of months ago. I dont know where to turn. I bought the car used from a toyota dealership but when I bought it the screen was fine. It only took one 100 degree day that I left the car outside and it got the first crack and then started spider-webbing after that. Now its taking 40% of the screen and the touch rarely works on it. It has 100k miles but I have a warranty I bought when I bought the car, I doubt it covers this but still I think Cadillac should be responsible for at least the replacement of the screen and cover those costs if they cant cover the labor. Its crazy thats its faulty and they look the other way. Who do I have to call?

Old 09-03-2018, 05:51 PM
Angry Second Time Cue Screen has cracked.

I have a 2013 SRX (purchased Dec 2012), saw the cracking in July, 2015 at ~42,000 miles, and got a repair at the dealer under warranty. Now the same spider web cracking has happened again at ~99, 000 miles in July, 2018. I had an extended warranty to 98, 500 and the dealer wanted ~$1400 to replace. When I asked about potential discounts or other assistance with the extended warranty just expiring, my advisor said this was "a known issue he was surprised they had not already recalled" and that his supervisor would call me back. I've never heard from the supervisor and they have not returned my messages. My family (in another state where there are larger and more Cadillac dealerships) has has great experience with Cadillac, but this whole issue has really soured my taste. Any suggestions?

Old 09-25-2018, 12:31 AM
Default 2016 SRX with cracked cue

Why are these cracking? What do I need to go to get it replaced? Is Cadillac covering the replacement? I have a 2016 SRX limited

Old 09-26-2018, 08:51 AM

Yesterday, my 2017 ATS 2.0T Sedan just turned 14K miles and is experiencing cracks on CUE screen. The system has a mind of its own; it will randomly beep and program radio channels over existing presets. Also will not respond to touch until the car is restarted. Going to the dealer soon with this one. It's my third Cadillac in 10 years; love the brand, but this issue must be resolved.

Old 09-27-2018, 07:45 PM
Angry 2014 ATS 2.0 Turbo Spider Crack Touchscreen

Hello,
I have a 2014 ATS 2.0 Turbo and I am having the same problem with my vehicle. This is the second time that I had to fix the touchscreen. Today I went to the dealership and it will cost me $1,300.00 to get it fixed. The dealership representative said, "this is a manufacturing defect and he does not know why Cadillac has not issued a recall". The spider cracks on the bottom left side of the touchscreen are affecting the A/C, heating controls, radio functions and the hands free phone controls. Why should I pay for a manufacture defect? Can anyone please direct me to the right person/department at Cadillac to resolve this issue?

Thank you in advance, your help is appreciated.
Rudy Arredondo, Tx.

Old 09-30-2018, 07:26 PM
Default Possible assistance

I too have same problem with my 2013 SRX. I would suggest owners contact the Attorney General Office of their state. Florida has the Consumer Protection section that deals with issues just like this. With as wide spread that this problem is, I think they will look into to this.
Florida Attorney General - Consumer Protection

Old 11-16-2018, 03:14 PM
Default Cue screen spider webbing due to wether? I have extended warranty. Can u help?

my screen is broken due to wether? Can u help me with this?

Quick Reply: Cue screen spider webbing