Cadillac SRX The SRX offers the versatility of a mid-size sport utility vehicle with a sports car feel

Cue screen spider webbing

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2018, 11:46 AM

I have a 2014 ATS and this just happened to my car yesterday. We are having a heat wave in Chicago and my car was in my garage all weekend. I went to drive it Sunday night and noticed the spider web on the right side of the screen. If there is any solution to this problem I would greatly appreciate it. Took it to the dealership and they said there are aware of this issue and that it would cost $1,500 to replace.

Old 06-19-2018, 11:07 AM
Default cue screen spider webbing

Over Memorial Day weekend, my cue screen developed spider webbing. I have a 2014 SRX with 72,000 miles. I have not had any other problems with my vehicle. I took the car to my local dealership where I was quoted $1000 for the repair. I have been reading this forum and understand this is a common problem with the screen. I am disappointed with Cadillac's reputation that this problem exists and I am not receiving any compensation. Any suggestions?

Old 06-19-2018, 11:25 AM
Default cue screen spider webbing

I have a cracked cue screen - spider webbing. I have a 2014 SRX with 72,000 miles. I took my car to the local dealer and was quoted $1000 for the repair. Considering Cadillac's reputation, I am disappointed that the burden of this repair falls to me. I am hoping for some type of compensation. Any suggestions?

Old 06-20-2018, 03:36 PM
Default 2014 XTS V Sport

2014 XTS V Sport Cue Screen Spider Webbing
Same issue as everyone else. I always keep my XTS garage kept and it only has 76k on it. Always been serviced at the dealer. This car has been babied and then 15 minutes in the store on a hot day and BAM, 40% of the cue screen is jacked up.

A quick Google search shows clearly this is a defect, and on that, thus far, GM/Caddilac is unwilling to own.

I've had 3 Escalades and 1 XTS in the last 6 years and this is going to be a real deal breaker for me if they don't stand behind this issue and own it. No one should pay $60 k for a vehicle to have this problem only 4 years and 76k miles in.

GM, are you guys seeing this? Seems like high time to have a recall.

Old 06-20-2018, 08:03 PM
Unhappy Cadillac Cue CTS Cracked Screen

i have. 2016 Cadillac CTS. I just returned from vacation and found my CUE screen was completed filled with spider webbing cracks. I have no idea how this occurred. Unfortunately I have 50,500 miles on it. I will be contacting the dealer tomorrow to see if there is any grace period to get this fixed since it is obviously some kind of product defect. I read on line it is a $1500 repair. Yikes! I have read many people having a similar issue on this forum, but I have not read any resolution to this issue.. I am hoping Cadillac will stand behind their product.

Lisa

Old 06-22-2018, 03:24 PM
Default Cue screen spider webbing

I have a 2014 Cadillac ATS with 32,000 miles on it and I’m having the same exact issue with the cue screen spider webbing cracks within the inside of the screen. The dealership has replaced this screen back in 2016 without any problems but now they are saying that they will have to get with GM to see what can be done. This is evidently a known issue with these cue screens and why haven’t Cadillac did a recall yet or fix this known problem!!!! I’m not sure if it’s the heat in Texas that is causing this or what, but this starting when my car was parked outside the garage for about 1 month. If I have to replace this with my own money then Cadillac has just lost a customer.

-Mike

Old 06-26-2018, 09:11 AM
Default Cue Screen Spider Webbing 2014 ATS

I'm out of warranty, can't use the screen to control air flow in my car anymore. Will Cadillac fix this as it appears to be a known severe disappointment ?

Attached Thumbnails Cue screen spider webbing-cue-screen.jpg  
Old 06-26-2018, 10:46 AM
Question Cue Screen spider cracking

My 2013 SRX NAV screen developed a thumbprint size imperfection last February in sub freezing temperatures. Now with temps in the high 90’s, it is fanning out. I am out of warranty. Is this a defect that the factory assumes responsibility to repair at no cost? If not, what should the repair cost?

Thanks,
Dianne

Old 06-28-2018, 08:49 AM

My 2014 SRX cue screen has done the same thing. This is a defect that Cadillac is completely aware of and will do nothing about. Oh sorry, they will give you a "discounted price" of $1100 to repair it. I am extremely unimpressed with the company customer service for not doing what's right in this case.

Old 06-28-2018, 03:21 PM
Default Cue Screen Spider Webbing

Originally Posted by LWalkerLex
My 2014 SRX cue screen has done the same thing. This is a defect that Cadillac is completely aware of and will do nothing about. Oh sorry, they will give you a "discounted price" of $1100 to repair it. I am extremely unimpressed with the company customer service for not doing what's right in this case.
I spoke with Moore Cadillac’s Service Manager yesterday. He confirmed the replacement cost is $1,500. It is not on a factory recall status, and urged me to call the maniufactuer. I am not going to replace mine at this time, but will contact Cadillac/GM.

Quick Reply: Cue screen spider webbing