Cadillac SRX The SRX offers the versatility of a mid-size sport utility vehicle with a sports car feel

Cue screen spider webbing

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2017, 09:05 PM
Default 2013 SRX CUE Screen Spiderweb Cracks

Just bought my SRX in January with about 56k miles. Been a Cadillac lover my whole life. Owned a '79 Coupe when I was 18. Love my car, but disappointed when screen cracked on a warm day in April. Seems like an obvious defect. Would sure be nice if GM replaced, or, at least, offered help. Touchscreen appears to be about $500 without labor. My car is used, but in great shape. Upsetting.

Old 05-18-2017, 12:37 PM
Tech Certified Members

The reality is you bought car out of warranty. that being the biggest thing going against you If you bought it from a Cadillac dealer,you have a relationship with a Cadillac dealer through previous cars, or the in service date has car less than 4 years old; then maybe. If GM has issued a special policy to cover them then it would be covered. You have nothing to loose be asking for help. I would try for either 50-50 split or Cadillac to pay for part and I(you) would pay labor. I think that maybe the best you can get.

Old 05-18-2017, 02:45 PM

I'm having the same issues with my screen webbing. My 2013 SRX cue system will not work now. I am just out of the 50,000 miles warranty and I bought my car from a luxury vehicle place and not a cadillac dealership. When I contacted my local GM/ Cadillac dealership the mechanic didnt know much about fixing it. he said even if i bought a new screen from ebay, it may not work with my car. I dont know my options now.

Old 05-19-2017, 12:49 PM
Tech Certified Members

See post 12. With ebay panel You need to the P/N number on the panel you have now to be sure you get the correct one. The dealer most likely will need to program it to car.

Old 06-03-2017, 11:36 PM

Ive had the same issue my cue screen cracked last week of April 2017
I was under my 50k miles but 21 days over the 4 year warranty !!!
I have been going back and forth with Cadillac care regarding this DEFECT that cue screens have and still no luck!!!!! Im waiting to hear from a supervisor or Manager because I dont feel I should pay over a thousand dollars to fix something that is a DEFECT on their end....

Old 06-03-2017, 11:41 PM

Originally Posted by Cadillac Customer Service
Hi Jim,

I'm very sorry to hear about these cracks in your CUE screen. Were you able to get this repaired by your local dealership? If you are still in need of assistance, please send us a private message; we would be happy to help.

Ashley R.
Cadillac Customer Care
Ashley,

I need your help !!!!
Ive had the same issue my cue screen cracked last week of April 2017
I was under my 50k miles but 21 days over the 4 year warranty !!!
I have been going back and forth with Cadillac care since APRIL regarding this DEFECT that cue screens have and still no luck!!!!! Im waiting to hear from a supervisor or Manager because I dont feel I should pay over a thousand dollars to fix something that is a DEFECT on their end....

Old 06-23-2017, 11:00 AM
Default 2014 SRX Cue screen spider webbed this week!

Mine went bad this week, two or three warm days, and spider webbed!

Please advise.

Mary

Old 06-23-2017, 11:18 AM

Ashley, just a followup as an fyi... live in NJ so not a major heatwave as the cause!

Car has about 54K miles, but believe Cadillac needs to fix this for us, no charge, clearly a defect.

regards,
Mary

Old 08-04-2017, 10:50 AM
Default 2014 CTS same sudden problem

My Cue was fine when I walked into the grocery store. Five minutes later I got back in the car and wondered what happened. It wasn't even hot outside. I only have 14,000 miles on the car and keep it parked inside my garage when not in use. The fine webbing on the right of the screen at first appeared like frost so I thought it was moisture from the AC. Upon closer inspection, it's permanent.

Today I called Field's Cadillac in St. Augustine and they said they would order a new Cue and call me next week when it comes in. No questions asked. They must know this is an issue. I get great service always by Field's so I think this repair will go smoothly.

Sorry for the sideways picture - it doesn't appear like that in my file.

Attached Thumbnails Cue screen spider webbing-cue.jpg  
Old 08-16-2017, 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by Cadillac Customer Service
Hi Jim,

I'm very sorry to hear about these cracks in your CUE screen. Were you able to get this repaired by your local dealership? If you are still in need of assistance, please send us a private message; we would be happy to help.

Ashley R.
Cadillac Customer Care
Ashley...same problem with 2013 SRX. What can you do to help.
Thanks,
Ken Cohrn

Quick Reply: Cue screen spider webbing