Cadillac SRX The SRX offers the versatility of a mid-size sport utility vehicle with a sports car feel

just purchased a 04 srx.. vibration felt on wheel, shifter, petals at idle only! =(

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2008, 05:22 PM
Default just purchased a 04 srx.. vibration felt on wheel, shifter, petals at idle only! =(

Okay so I purchased a 04 SRX V8 AWD... really loaded up... unfortunately however I've noticed (after purchase) that compared to other V8 SRX I feel some pretty heavy vibration. More at certain lower RPM....

Other things I notice... when I turn the wheel I can actually get the vibration to change... (better or worse)....

I have a gm full coverage extended warranty but I wanted to get your thoughts on this so that I can go in a bit educated.

I do know that they did change the Transmission mount before I purchased it. Could it be an engine mount or bad replacement on the transmission mount?

Man oh man. I love the car otherwise.. hopefully someone can give me some insight and hopefully it's an easy fix. I'll keep posting the details and I'll be able to add a lot of expert advice on the electronics/audio/video side and well have to show my setup after this issue is resolved.

Old 01-26-2008, 08:42 PM
Tech Certified Members
Default RE: just purchased a 04 srx.. vibration felt on wheel, shifter, petals. =(

Don't go in telling them how to fix your car, thats not how your warranty works, unless you are a certified auto tech and then don't be wrong.Because warranty wont pay for it. You tell them what wrong they tell you what it's gonna take to fix it. If you question what they tell you, post it

Old 01-28-2008, 01:45 PM
Default RE: just purchased a 04 srx.. vibration felt on wheel, shifter, petals. =(

I understand your point and will be careful not to tell them what is wrong and force them to fix itbut I'm still looking for general car advise on why I might feel this vibration.

My concern is being that they (Cadillac Warranty)are flipping the bill that if I'm "dumb to the problem" that they might shake it off or tell me that it's normal (as the original dealer tried to do till I made them test drive another one they had on their lot as a comparison. I would guess there are a limited number of problems that can create this problem and being armed with this knowledge can only be a good thing.

Old 01-28-2008, 07:48 PM
Tech Certified Members

Its not the dealers job to "blow you off" and tell you there nothing wrong when they know there is a problem. Occasionally there can be conditions there is no correction for which will fall under characteristics. If you can demonstrate condition and the service advisor wont work with you, see service manger, general manager, dealer principle, call Cadillac customer assistance. Really you don't have to know anything more than it's not right or normal. Camparing to like vehicle should comfirm if it's normal or not.

Old 02-08-2008, 10:16 AM
Default RE: just purchased a 04 srx.. vibration felt on wheel, shifter, petals at idle only! =(

I just purchased an 04 SRX with 50k miles and have the same problem. I get this vibration at low speed and itsloudat highway speed. So I went to another Dealer and tested drove their 04 SRX and was able to feel the different in the ride. I love the car and so do my kids. I will be looking to see if anyone has comments to the cause. Mine is in the shop today to troubleshoot the cause. I will post the outcome.
BIGBOYSRX