Cadillac Seville The Cadillac luxury combined with a performance sedan feel

Help

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2019, 12:23 PM
Default Help

I have a 79 Seville in Anaheim, California with 35,000 miles on her. Most things work but I need some parts if anyone has some. I need a trunk latch assembly for the pull down, an air ride compressor and a replacement dash trim panel for the ash tray since my ash tray door is broken at the hinge. I have enclosed a photo for matching the burl pattern. In addition, I need a local mechanic who is familiar with these cars as she runs well but dies after a while and does not restart. After a while it will start again. I need to find out what possibly could be the problem. Thanks for everyone's help.

Old 01-06-2024, 02:33 AM
Default How to get your suspension working again.

I don't think you can get a new compressor for the Seville anymore. But I found an alternative air ride system that is compatible, the Monroe MA780 max air ride shocks. They don't use the compressor but a normal valve stem similar to the ones on a car tire. All you do is fill it up with a normal air compressor for filling tires. If/when you buy this kit, I recommend having a mechanic install the shocks to the frame and axle because I had a hard time doing that part even with a friend that is a mechanic. The rest you can easily do as long as you can get under the car. All you would have to do is install the airline to the shocks while making sure they are out of the way of moving parts. It comes with plenty of spare airline so you can place the air valve just about anywhere (I hide mine in the trunk by drilling a hole just small enough for it to stick in. Then I used some **** to seal the backside of the hole, so no water gets inside the trunk.)

If your current shocks are in good condition, I would save them in case you choose to get the compressor fixed somehow, because they no longer make the original shocks.

I hope you at least got your Seville running because I love mine.