Cadillac Seville The Cadillac luxury combined with a performance sedan feel

Battery Tender Jr to a 2004 Seville

Old 11-12-2017, 07:14 PM
Default Battery Tender Jr to a 2004 Seville

Hello to everyone. I am looking to find some good information on how I might be able to hook up a battery tender jr. to the 04 seville just to keep the battery up for a period of time that is not set in stone as the car stays in my mom's garage and only goes out about once a week for a little run of about 15 miles or so. Mom is 95 and she wants her car until she says she can't drive anymore. So to keep peace I have been exercising the car for her but winter is just about here and I'm looking to cheat if I can. I wouldn't put it past her if she felt good to go out to the hair dresser's on her own so I need to keep it simple. Any ideas would be great, and thank you all.

Old 11-16-2017, 08:41 AM
Default battery tender jr. to a 2004 seville

so after waiting a few days in hope that a caddy tech might give up a tip or two this is what i did. With the new tender you get 2 short pigtail connectors and one of them has round eyelet ends to go over a bolt so that you can run a nut down the other side to hold in place and at the other end there is a quick disconnect plug that will connect to the main lead from the Battery Tender Jr. that would be plugged into the homes electric service (wall plug) and you just connect the two and you would be all set.

So I installed the positive connector of the pig tail to the battery's positive lead that is under the hood under the red flip cap near the right wheel side of the engine compartment and fastened it to the post over the top of the existing nut and ran M8-1.25 class 8.8 hex nut over the top and drew it down good and tight. That is a metric nut and stud so that is why the special nut, so not to screw up the original post. I got the nut from Auto parts store.

The negative side of the pig tail is a ground hook up and that i hooked up to a stud coming out of the shock tower which is right near by and a simple connection. Ran a 3/16 nut and washers to it and all i had left was to bring up the connectors end with the protective boot up to the cowl right near the passenger side windshield wiper using small black zip tie to fasten the cable to what I called a plastic finger where there is some mesh screening beneath these fingers where the car gets fresh air for the cabin vent and that lets the end of the pig tail stick out just enough to make the connection to the tender and not look unsightly. This will not flop around when driving the car as it is held down pretty good and it will not interfere with the wipers at all.

If the tender had come with say a 4 foot long pig tail I would have gone out the front towards the grill and been a lot more work and time. My way was pretty simple and effective. Thanks for looking.