Cadillac Seville The Cadillac luxury combined with a performance sedan feel

No Reverse/At Wits End!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2007, 12:04 AM
Default No Reverse/At Wits End!!

Hello.I'm new to the forum and was hoping someone can help. My problem is with my 93 Seville. I was driving about 65 mph and went to switch lanes and had no acceleration, just sounded like I was in neutral and was redlining. After pulling over and shutting the engine off, I started the car back up and could only get up to about 35 mph and the engine wouldn't shift to any other gear. I pulled back over and found out that I did have reverse but only first and reverse. Now, after trying to find out what's going on with it, having no luck, I have most gears...at least enough to get up to 65 mph, but reverse is mostly gone. Sometimes, if I step on the gas hard enough, I can go in reverse, but the car stutters, kind of like if I had the emergency brake on and sometimes I have no reverse at all. I've been told maybe it's the bands, the tranny is completely shot, etc. To be honest I am clueless when it comes to working on cars and this car is constantly giving me problems. I was reading through the forum and was wondering if it could be the pressure control solenoid? I hope it's something fairly simple and cheap to fix but I'm worried it's not. Any help or advice I can get is greatly appreciated.

Old 12-14-2007, 07:41 PM
Tech Certified Members
Default RE: No Reverse/At Wits End!!

i suggest taking it trans shop or dealer. You likey have broken shift soleniods, not a major repair. It is possible you have other concerns due to no reverse.