Cadillac Forum - Enthusiast forums for Cadillac Owners

Cadillac Forum - Enthusiast forums for Cadillac Owners (https://www.cadillacforum.com/forum/)
-   Cadillac Fleetwood (https://www.cadillacforum.com/forum/cadillac-fleetwood-32/)
-   -   Project cadiract has begun (https://www.cadillacforum.com/forum/cadillac-fleetwood-32/project-cadiract-has-begun-4931/)

bigboi85 01-10-2008 07:53 PM

Project cadiract has begun

Well I took your advice and called around to different shops and found a place thas has experience with these engines. The good news is that it looks to be in good shape engine wise. The bad news is that the brake lines all the way around are shot. $250-300 to fix. Ill have her back Saturday. And I finally got some time to give the old girl a good once over and see what she needs body wise and the list is long but nothing major. Alot of little stuff like taillight filler and backup light filler pieces, a few embelems, and a new rear bumper. Spring in the junkyard, music to my ears. I do have one question though what engine could I drop in if this one goes out? Are there any swaps that would be cool, A 500ci maybe? I have no idea if not theres always the 69 deville, if my friends dad will sell it.

stomper 01-10-2008 11:51 PM

RE: Project cadiract has begun

ORIGINAL: bigboi85

Well I took your advice and called around to different shops and found a place thas has experience with these engines. The good news is that it looks to be in good shape engine wise. The bad news is that the brake lines all the way around are shot. $250-300 to fix. Ill have her back Saturday. And I finally got some time to give the old girl a good once over and see what she needs body wise and the list is long but nothing major. Alot of little stuff like taillight filler and backup light filler pieces, a few embelems, and a new rear bumper. Spring in the junkyard, music to my ears. I do have one question though what engine could I drop in if this one goes out? Are there any swaps that would be cool, A 500ci maybe? I have no idea if not theres always the 69 deville, if my friends dad will sell it.
remind us, what model are we looking at?

slowroll 01-11-2008 08:30 PM

Engine choices are many: SBC 91-92 engine mounts, brackets, and trans.,Olds V8 any 86-90 mounts and brackets, Cadillac big block 77-85 6.0 mounts and brackets, trans, correct driveshaft. Big block cad engine could found in factory (professional series) limos and hearst. Most swaps will require trashing DFI except if DFI 6.0 is found. Stock 200R4 will not hold up to any big block's torque very long.

bigboi85 01-21-2008 05:40 PM

Well the project stalled quick,lost my job again. Dammit! Oh well as soon as Im gainfully employed again it'll be going again. Thanks for all the info for the swap.

bigboi85 01-28-2008 11:35 PM

SCOOOORE!!!! Just landed a complete olds 350 for FREE! Now one question. Will a TH350 trans hold up in a car this big? Would I be better off with a TH400? Obviously the mileage would be better with the four speed. But the TH350 is a freebie. Tough call.