Cadillac Forum - Enthusiast forums for Cadillac Owners

Cadillac Forum - Enthusiast forums for Cadillac Owners (https://www.cadillacforum.com/forum/)
-   Cadillac EXT (https://www.cadillacforum.com/forum/cadillac-ext-14/)
-   -   mods? (https://www.cadillacforum.com/forum/cadillac-ext-14/mods-412/)

VetteViperGuy 01-02-2006 12:44 PM

mods?

Has anyone done any mods to their Escalade EXT (or Escalade), specifically performance mods?

VetteViperGuy 01-06-2006 05:38 PM

RE: mods?

I don't get it...

This is an enthusiast's forum, and no one has ever done any mods on their Escalade?

Exhaust, chip, engine, air filter, valances, lights, or baubles??

LtLewisB 01-12-2006 01:12 AM

Vette,
I just got my EXT yesterday and the first thing I did was purchase a K&N filter for it. I guess putting all the mods on my 96 Vette spoiled me. I'm already thinking about a Hypertech Power Programmer. It is pretty exciting have a 6.0 liter under the hood and it sure does run and sound good! Talk to you later.

BackNBlack 01-12-2006 01:20 AM

Vette,
Just wanted to let you know that I changed my name to "BackNBlack". Talk to you later.

BackNBlack 01-12-2006 01:31 AM

Thought you might like to see this. This is the results of the Hypertech Power Programmer:

[IMG]local://upfiles/816/31DB92F64BBA4D5EAF81B8F3B82F6B3A.jpg[/IMG]

BackNBlack 01-12-2006 01:51 AM

This would sound good on the Escalade too: Corsa Exhaust

VetteViperGuy 01-12-2006 12:56 PM

Back N Black.....that's a great username.

My username is MYTTZ06 on the Corvette forum.

K&N will be my first mod. I know I won't go crazy modify this car, since it just about has everything you need on it except power. 345HP, 380 TQ on my 5960 lb vehicle isn't exactly quick. Power mods and maybe a DVD system is probably all I'll do.

I modified the crap out of the Vette, and went way over budget on that car, so I'm keeping it light on this one.

That's a great dyno graph you posted. That's the kind of stuff we need to see. 20HP and 18TQ peak isn't too bad. I never did the Hypertech for the Vette (since it was programmed by the tuner after adding forced induction), so is it easy to program for the given power gains? Are there figures you should set parameters that Hypertech suggests for max power gains? If not, how do you know what to set the parameters at?

BackNBlack 01-12-2006 01:09 PM

I had a Hypertech for my Vette until I put the LT4 Hotcam and roller rockers in it and then I got a custom program from PCMforLess. Hypertech makes it very easy to do and it comes with a preferred program that Hypertech programs in for you. You can always put your original program back in it and you can set the parameters how you want if you like. The biggest difference I noticed on the Vette was the shifting. It supposedly gave about 15 extra horsepower too, but I didn't get it dynoed until after I put the Hotcam in which gave me around 300 RWHP. Anyway...the Hypertech may very well be worth the 20 extra horsepower on the Escalade. That Corsa exhaust sounds real good too...that may be in my Escalades future. Talk to you later.

VetteViperGuy 01-12-2006 03:55 PM

That sounds great. As far as the exhaust is concerned, I'd like to hear a couple different setups along with their dyno graphs before laying the money down.

I have a Borla on the Vette, and I love it.

Gordy M 03-08-2006 10:36 PM

If your into a little engineering, get EFILive or HPTuners. These are full function scan and tune tools. Unlike the Hypertech, they can modify or change all 23 performance pids in the PCM. The hypertech only give you a +/- 10% in about 4 performance pids. In a LS1 engine, the hypertech is good for about +/-8 hp, some moves actually decrease the hp. Its best features are changing some of the trans shift points and lowering the T-stat. In a stock engine PCM tuning can get you up to 15 HP with a great tune and a good cold air package will get you another 8-10 HP.