Cadillac Forum - Enthusiast forums for Cadillac Owners

Cadillac Forum - Enthusiast forums for Cadillac Owners (https://www.cadillacforum.com/forum/)
-   Cadillac EXT (https://www.cadillacforum.com/forum/cadillac-ext-14/)
-   -   2005 Cadillac EXT answers (https://www.cadillacforum.com/forum/cadillac-ext-14/2005-cadillac-ext-answers-292/)

LackinEXT20 08-30-2005 06:06 PM

2005 Cadillac EXT answers

Hey there Llogan I would say I have some information for you about the current Escalade EXT.
I currently own a 2005 white diamond on 20"s, but if you want to put bigger wheels it might void your warrenty if anything happens to the transmission. The current changes from the previous year was slight interior mods (such as a change in the wood trim.) The current EXT for 2005 is equipped with a 345 H.P. 6.0 liter engine with a 28 gal. fuel tank thank will give around 435 miles to a tank. I personally average around 14.2 mpg - 15mpg. Oh and by the way I love it!

I hope this will help you or your decision on buying one!
Lloyd

ericraven2003 03-10-2006 05:20 PM

RE: 2005 Cadillac EXT answers

The dealer never mentioned that 22" would affect the warranty.

VetteViperGuy 03-10-2006 05:55 PM

Okay, Finally!!! Some other EXT owners! Welcome!

I've heard of dealerships voiding warranties when installing aftermarket stuff, such as wheels, but I've also heard it's hard for them to void it because they'd have to prove that it made a difference.

I've got 22" wheels with 305/40ZR22 Toyo Proxes S/T tires...I wish I knew what brand of wheel it is though. I hope it posts on this reply...I've never posted a pic before.

By the way Ericraven2003, nice Vette! This forum is full of Caddy/Vette People. I have a yellow Z06.

[IMG]local://upfiles/737/58EBEB4C96F44646BD2F0AC6DB7C88AF.jpg[/IMG]

ericraven2003 03-10-2006 06:00 PM

Vette guy. I love the color of your EXT. I have never seen that before. We will be trading the Vette in January when the lease is up. We thought about getting a 07 Viper. How did you like your Viper?

VetteViperGuy 03-13-2006 03:50 PM

Thanks for the color compliment on my EXT. I kind of like the Teal color too, but I think I’d get tired of it. Black was also on my list of colors.

The vette is a better daily driver compared to the viper. My vette has been modified like heck, so it had a better power to weight ratio than the viper. I can’t afford to modify the viper like I did on the vette, so it doesn’t give me the same kick in the pants. Anyways, one compliant I always had on both stock cars were the shifters…too tall and long of the throws. The viper is more “exotic” though. I like both, but couldn’t have two cars sitting in the garage, never driving them, so I traded the viper for the EXT. I needed a truck anyways…

For you, I’d say GO FOR IT!! It’s one cool car.