Cadillac Escalade The full sized sport utility vehicle that has combined the versatility of an SUV with the luxury associated with the Cadillac name

What to Do, What to Do re Escalade???

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2010, 07:20 PM
Angry What to Do, What to Do re Escalade???

Hi all, well so glad to see more activity on this forum, wish it was like the Corvette forum. This is my problem. First, can't find a really good deal on a new Escalade in VA but then went to my dealers to look at a new Platinum. Husband likes the new lights it has on it, BUT, and this is a big BUT!!! THE interior is terrible. It is almost WHITE. The one at the dealership, which they had only had for a few days, was filthy on the inside. Can you imagine white carpet with children or even adults for that matter. I wrote to GM and they called me today and pretty much said "take it or leave it". There are no choices on the platinum whatsoever. He did say the 2011's would go into production in July but they don't know if any changes will be made or not. I mean we were ready to buy and very disappointed.

Old 03-26-2010, 07:06 AM

Originally Posted by Edi Rains
Hi all, well so glad to see more activity on this forum, wish it was like the Corvette forum. This is my problem. First, can't find a really good deal on a new Escalade in VA but then went to my dealers to look at a new Platinum. Husband likes the new lights it has on it, BUT, and this is a big BUT!!! THE interior is terrible. It is almost WHITE. The one at the dealership, which they had only had for a few days, was filthy on the inside. Can you imagine white carpet with children or even adults for that matter. I wrote to GM and they called me today and pretty much said "take it or leave it". There are no choices on the platinum whatsoever. He did say the 2011's would go into production in July but they don't know if any changes will be made or not. I mean we were ready to buy and very disappointed.
Hi Edi, I really liked the "nicer" seats of the platinum, liked the LED headlights, liked the wheels, of course for me the front end without tow hooks is useless because I like in the lake effect snowbelt area, and I think I can special order one with the stock from end, but I agree with you on the interior, it's just too light a color for my needs, if they offered a darker brown or black I would get one. The CF has a lot of members, I have been there since Aug 99'

Old 03-26-2010, 09:02 PM
Tech Certified Members

Platium's come Black / ebony (almost black) , White/Light ,and Black /Llight it isnt much of selection unless you like black vehicles. Your looking for a deal and they normally happen when what you want is on the lot. If you don't what a black truck your out of luck unless Cadillac adds more color options.

Old 03-29-2010, 09:06 AM

The seats are cocoa and the lower parts of the doors are linen (very light tan almost white) like the dark seats but the linen color is very light, the truck I saw there was already some dark lines on the doors. Wish there were more interior color options on the platinum, but until that time the ebony interior works for my needs.