Cadillac Escalade The full sized sport utility vehicle that has combined the versatility of an SUV with the luxury associated with the Cadillac name

03 Escalade ABS pullsation and multiple quirks

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2020, 08:52 PM
Default 03 Escalade ABS pullsation and multiple quirks

Hello all,
I realize this is a common problem but after much diagnosis and time Im back to square one. Recently purchased a 03 Escalade 6.0 AWD. 130K Miles. Ive owned these before and noticed it had the typical "service ride control" on dash. When you come to a stop the ABS pulsates and when you take off you have to turn the traction control off or it will cut back the throttle to zero and wont take off. After you disable traction and take off it feels like the brakes are being applied during acceleration until higher speed you can feel it being released. It sounds like abs noises under the hood when this happens. I just replaced BOTH front wheel bearings/Hub assemblies with new Timken which did nothing to help. I used a decent scan tool and it had a LF wheel sensor code before I changed out parts. Now watching the live data front and rear wheel sensors show equal speeds accelerating and slowing down to stop. Any ideas? I have some codes with the Body control module as well but want to figure out 1 problem at a time and get things worked out.