Cadillac Forum - Enthusiast forums for Cadillac Owners

Cadillac Forum - Enthusiast forums for Cadillac Owners (https://www.cadillacforum.com/forum/)
-   Cadillac Escalade (https://www.cadillacforum.com/forum/cadillac-escalade-12/)
-   -   2003 escalade auction cost? (https://www.cadillacforum.com/forum/cadillac-escalade-12/2003-escalade-auction-cost-5556/)

lilmcpl 03-13-2008 09:07 PM

2003 escalade auction cost?

hey guys this is my first post and im excited about reading some good information in here. my question is, what would you say a 2003 escalade, 52,000 miles, salvage title (theft), with no radio, no 2nd or 3rd row seats with key marks would cost from an auction? thanx again

stomper 03-14-2008 11:22 AM

RE: 2003 escalade auction cost?

ORIGINAL: lilmcpl

hey guys this is my first post and im excited about reading some good information in here. my question is, what would you say a 2003 escalade, 52,000 miles, salvage title (theft), with no radio, no 2nd or 3rd row seats with key marks would cost from an auction? thanx again
not enough info ..

but for a 2wd, V8, in "fair" condition
I always take a "salvage" title to FAIR condition
assuming its a theft recovery .. if accident salvage much MUCH less.

Fair is $14k
so I say $11K to $12k

its gona need paint, replacing seats and stereo,

less of more items are missing
I wouldnt touch it or more than $5k if the electrics were cut.

there is a reason it got "salvaged" ...

lilmcpl 03-14-2008 08:59 PM

sorry its a v8 4wd, i would say fair condition. the ony things that got stolen were the 2rd row and 3rd row, and the sound sytem (dvd player radio etc.), carpet and rear bumper plastic step pad, and it has key marks. so it has none of those items in it. thanx for the quick response

stomper 03-14-2008 09:31 PM

for a 4WD, maybe add a couple of thousand to all that ..

that blemished title will surely take down the value even if you make it like new. why?
many people wont touch a salvage title with a 10 ft pole.

i seen VINs swapped from a wreck that never got a salvage title just to get rid of the
blemish on a perfectly good car that has a blem title.

cutting torches can be so helpful.

on the other hand, a 4WD that gets to be 10+ years old, few cares one way or another.

lilmcpl 03-14-2008 10:43 PM

so you still say about 11 or 12 is what it would go for at an auction then?

stomper 03-14-2008 10:48 PM

so you still say about 11 or 12 is what it would go for at an auction then?
its your car that you want to sell at auction or are you are buying?

lilmcpl 03-15-2008 03:57 PM

im trying to buy it from someone who has already bought it from the auction. he told me the price he got it for but im trying to see if its the real price so im asking peoples opinions to see if its about right.

G.A.R.Y. 03-15-2008 04:50 PM

im trying to buy it from someone who has already bought it from the auction. he told me the price he got it for but im trying to see if its the real price so im asking peoples opinions to see if its about right.
Ask him to see the receipt from the auction. He paid wholesale at the auction or there abouts. Just do a kbb wholesale search and see what they say. www.kbb.com

Stealth 03-15-2008 06:20 PM

how much ?