Cadillac Eldorado This classic Caddy still stands today for complete luxury.

CD Changer Question

Old 07-06-2008, 04:20 PM
Default CD Changer Question

I have a 1997 Eldorado with the basic factory stereo. I bought an Alpine CD changer and connected it to the wire in the trunk. The problem that I am having is that when I turn the car off and start it back up the CD changer does not work. I have to take the cartridge out of the cd changer and put it back in and then it works. I do get an error message on the radio that says "err". Today when I started the car up the radio was off and would not turn on and there was not even a time dislay on the radio. Then I turned the car off and on and the radio worked but not the CD changer. Does anybody know what the problem is? Is the CD changer bad? Thanks!

Old 07-07-2008, 11:57 AM
Tech Certified Members
Default RE: CD Changer Question

ORIGINAL: Caddi06

I have a 1997 Eldorado with the basic factory stereo. I bought an Alpine CD changer and connected it to the wire in the trunk. The problem that I am having is that when I turn the car off and start it back up the CD changer does not work. I have to take the cartridge out of the cd changer and put it back in and then it works. I do get an error message on the radio that says "err". Today when I started the car up the radio was off and would not turn on and there was not even a time dislay on the radio. Then I turned the car off and on and the radio worked but not the CD changer. Does anybody know what the problem is? Is the CD changer bad? Thanks!
Assuming the set is new and under warranty, I suggest that you call Alpine techncial service. They can probably walk you through the problem better than any of us. Their contact info should be int he manual.