Can anyone help???

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2009, 12:52 PM
Unhappy Can anyone help???

Hello everyone. My name is Frank. I'm new to this forum, so I hope to get some helpful info. I have a 2001 DTS and it is in MINT condition. Only 60,000 miles. I have the following problem and I'm so upset and frustrated not knowing what is wrong. Before I have it towed to my local Caddy dealership, I'm hoping to have a better idea what could be wrong. Yesterday morning when I put my key in the ignition, the memory seat moved but the memory steering wheel didn't (the remote did unlock the door for me). Then when I turned the key, nothing!! No crank, turn over or noise. The instrument panel is lite, but no radio or nothing on the panel where the temperature info is. Just the panel over steering wheel has lite info. Then, I tried the power locks manually and with remote, NOTHING!! I had roadside assistance come thinking it was battery, but would not jump and crank over at all. This car had no issues prior and has run perfectly. I'm so confused and hoping it is a simple fixe!! Does anyone having anything they can tell me about this problem?? Thank you so much for listening. Sincerely, Frank

Last edited by fmalfa; 08-02-2009 at 12:59 PM.
Old 08-02-2009, 01:41 PM
Tech Certified Members

maybe low or dead battery ..
but
try rebooting system.
disconnect battery for 10 minutes, reconnect and see what happens.
if you got a DC meter, check voltage of battery .. should be 14.1+ VDC ...

Originally Posted by fmalfa
Hello everyone. My name is Frank. I'm new to this forum, so I hope to get some helpful info. I have a 2001 DTS and it is in MINT condition. Only 60,000 miles. I have the following problem and I'm so upset and frustrated not knowing what is wrong. Before I have it towed to my local Caddy dealership, I'm hoping to have a better idea what could be wrong. Yesterday morning when I put my key in the ignition, the memory seat moved but the memory steering wheel didn't (the remote did unlock the door for me). Then when I turned the key, nothing!! No crank, turn over or noise. The instrument panel is lite, but no radio or nothing on the panel where the temperature info is. Just the panel over steering wheel has lite info. Then, I tried the power locks manually and with remote, NOTHING!! I had roadside assistance come thinking it was battery, but would not jump and crank over at all. This car had no issues prior and has run perfectly. I'm so confused and hoping it is a simple fixe!! Does anyone having anything they can tell me about this problem?? Thank you so much for listening. Sincerely, Frank