Cadillac Deville The flagship luxury car, offering the class with which the Cadillac has been associated, for decades

Traction Control Light Won't Turn Off-Help!

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2013, 06:06 PM
Default Traction Control Light Won't Turn Off-Help!

I'm new to this forum. I have a 1998 Cadillac Deville with 55,000 miles. I don't know if this is related, but my A/C pump blew up and the Cadillac dealer replaced it yesterday. On the drive home, my traction control light went on. I have a digital dash illuminated in green and the traction light is colored yellow. I pulled over, opened my glove box and pressed the traction button and it would not turn off the light. I turned off the car, waited 5 minutes, fired it up and the light still remained on. I went to the dealer the following day and they said there were several error codes in their computer and wanted to replace 2 computers at $1000 each--right! Then their mechanic decided to check every wire, cleaned off all connections and fired up the car. This time, the light stayed off. Today, no problems for the first 100 miles of driving, then bam, light on again! Question---There is no performance difference, light on or off and I don't live in an area with snow. Can the traction control be disabled or disconnected so I don't have to see this stupid light? There's no way I want to pour money into fixing this problem. Also, does anyone have any ideas on what has caused this and could replacement of the a/c pump done something or is this just a crappy sign of bad luck? Any help from the forum is greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance---Matt in TX

Old 01-31-2013, 07:41 PM

I have a 98 with 175,000 miles I am trying to sell for parts. I noticed I started to spend lots of monies to keep it going after about 100 k.

Do you have any ideas where I could list it for parts?
1 owner, regular oil changes.