Cadillac Deville The flagship luxury car, offering the class with which the Cadillac has been associated, for decades

over heating

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2015, 01:24 PM
Default over heating

My Cadillac is over heating.I crank it up with no problem but from the time I start it my coolin temp I constantly rising.so I changed water pump,changed thermostat 2times thinking that one of them had a defect,etc sensor,and flushed it out.and it's still over heating,it's constantly pushing coolin out of my overflow and I'm add in more within 10 minutes.thought it was a head gasket buy car is not smoking at all.but still don't know if it's that.I have bubbles pushing out my heater core only when I run the heater but no leaks inside or outside of the car besides cool in from the over flow.bit when I brought the car I had to get the starter changed and after the intake was taken off and starter was revealed.I don't know wat it's called but the starter kind of sit above a dip and it's another dip on the other side of it I think that's where it purges at.but in that dip sat brown think liquid stuff and it way so caked up the man who was working on the car could hold it in his hand.but he put a few towels and let it suck up the water and it ran good when I first got it so could that have happen again? Both off my fan come on when the car starts getting warm.one dude said that my fans should be suck air from my radiator instead of blowing towards it.it that true.well .I need help cause I'm tired of spending money.do any one know what it could be?

Old 08-12-2015, 10:18 PM

Sounds like bad news (possibly) First thing to avoid wasting time and money is get a block test kit from Autozone, O'Reilly loan them for free. Buy the blue test fluid. Read the instructions and if the blue liquid changes color than you absolutely have blown HG.

Old 08-12-2015, 10:21 PM

You should always post your model and year. I assume you have a Northstar.