Cadillac Deville The flagship luxury car, offering the class with which the Cadillac has been associated, for decades

Just bought an '02, couple questions, Thanks!

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2017, 10:42 PM
Default Just bought an '02, couple questions, Thanks!

I just picked up a 2002 Base Deville with 97,000 miles on it. It's pretty base, the only thing it has that I suspect is special is a sunroof.

They did not maintain it very well unfortunately. The body is nice, mostly small issues but there's more than it's share of those. As soon as I bought it I went right to the parts store and picked up a new wheel bearing for the front and new rear brakes as they were wobbling really badly. Mismatched tires etc. It's a shame but we'll have her back to her former glory

So here's what i'd like to know;

The radio didn't function on my test drive. After purchase I discovered that the audio fuse was missing from the fuseblock under the rear seat. Replaced it and sure enough the radio worked great! Until the next time I started the car, when I pushed the on button it kept rhythmically dimming the clock lights and humming. Sounds like a cd is trying to eject? It's a short burst of electric motor that once started doesn't stop even with the key off and door opened. I had to remove the fuse again to get it to stop. Is that fixable or should I go aftermarket?

Also, the dash is missing a bolt or something. Everything looks almost right but if I take my right knee and push the dash upward it all moves back to where it should be. The part under the steering wheel, radio surround and the area above it should all be up about an inch, when I remove pressure from my knee it falls back down again. If that makes sense can you tell me where the missing bolt is before I tear into it?

And finally, the driver's seat is the only one that doesn't heat. I've tried full on and back only in every heat setting, hi, med, lo. None of it works. Is this a module? Can I test it by swapping in the passenger's side one to see if it works? Forgot to mention, the lights work for the heated seat, it just doesn't get warm.

Thanks guys!