Cadillac Deville The flagship luxury car, offering the class with which the Cadillac has been associated, for decades

2000 Deville DTS help with replacing BOSE system?

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2012, 03:41 AM
Default 2000 Deville DTS help with replacing BOSE system?

Hello, I’m trying to remove my BOSE system and replace it with aftermarket speaker’s subs and amps. My plan is to replace the four door speakers and run them off an amp, then replace the ten inch sub with a sealed 12 inch and run it off a second 1 channel mono amp. I would like to leave the BOSE dash speaker and tweeters, and run them off the head unit. I already have an aftermarket head unit installed from the previous owner (who was "kind" enough to cut off the factory car side stereo wiring harness), and I want to remove and throw away the factory Bose amp.
How should I go about doing this? If I set it up like this will the tweeter and dash speaker stop working? Are they hooked to the BOSE amp?
Will I have to rewire the car?
Im trying to get 2 ohms at all speakers, i knw how to wire the sub for this, but are the other speakers wired for 2 ohms from the factory?
Does this even sound like a good idea?
This is my first time with amps and a sub, and I’m not really sure what I’m doing. I wish I didn’t have the BOSE, it’s complicating this way more than it should.

Old 01-09-2012, 12:29 AM
Tech Certified Members

its been a long time since i messed with audio .. but i gotta tell you, you may be in for some serious migraines trying to do that with the BOSE...

in case you dont know already, every bose speaker enclosure has its own AMP ...
you are trying to replace part of that system with non-amp units?
and also, when it comes to BOSE, what you normally think of being the AMP in the dash, is the pre-AMP ...

buy lots of aspirin .. i know that's not much help but then again, maybe it is ...

lol

Last edited by stomper; 01-09-2012 at 12:35 AM.