Cadillac Deville The flagship luxury car, offering the class with which the Cadillac has been associated, for decades

HVAC Blend door actuators

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2018, 10:48 AM
Cool HVAC Blend door actuators

Trying to do some repairs on a friend caddy. 2002 Deville DHS. A/C blows cool on the right side, but just ambient air on the left (middle dash vents) side. Looking for a legend for the HVAC blend door actuators. Found a numbered exploded view of the HVAC system on the interweb, but no second page discribing what each one controls. Using the hunt, pick, and test method. Found a duel motor one on the right side behind the glove box that controls the passengers side air. Single motor one above the accelerator pedal that controls the drivers foot well air. Found two on the left (inside) of the console next to the accelerator pedal. One high, one low. Have not removed these as yet. Real PITA. The low one seems to control the rear seat vent. The upper one I believe is maybe the one I'm looking for based on its proximity. But, just a SWAG.These actuators are a real pain to access and I'm wasting a lot of time (and skin) using my current method.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks, Dave