Cadillac Forum - Enthusiast forums for Cadillac Owners

Cadillac Forum - Enthusiast forums for Cadillac Owners (https://www.cadillacforum.com/forum/)
-   Cadillac Deville (https://www.cadillacforum.com/forum/cadillac-deville-15/)
-   -   Front Suspension rattle (https://www.cadillacforum.com/forum/cadillac-deville-15/front-suspension-rattle-428/)

Eddiek 01-11-2006 09:01 PM

Front Suspension rattle

I have a 2001 Deville with 23,400 miles. It has an annoying rattle in the front suspension on the drivers side. The rattle only seems to occur at slow speeds 23-25 mph while going over small imperfections in the road such as expansion cracks. I had a 2002 Bonneville that was doing the same thing but I turned it in when the lease expired before having it resolved. The rattle makes the front end feel loose. I'm about to take it to the dealer but thought I would ask any of you out there if you have experienced the same problem. Thanks for any feedback.

ghostrider21 11-28-2007 02:49 PM

RE: Front Suspension rattle

i have the same problem in a 97 deville...anyone got any ideas? sounds like a suspension component is loose or something.

slowroll 11-28-2007 06:32 PM

Front stabilizer link(s) or intermediate steering shaft likely causes.

Eddiek 11-30-2007 09:55 AM

The intermediate steering shaft was my problem. Shaft was replaced.

Eddiek

NOGUTSNOGLORY 12-01-2007 07:21 AM

I have a 95 deville w/ the same problem
how would you check something like that>?

G.A.R.Y. 12-01-2007 08:07 AM

ORIGINAL: Eddiek

The intermediate steering shaft was my problem. Shaft was replaced.

Eddiek
Thanks for posting the results. That is just as important as posting the problem.

Slowroll, good call on this one...................

slowroll 12-01-2007 09:53 AM

94-99 devilles have concerns with rod ends on stabilizer links developing play and causing rattle going over small bumps or irregularities in road. 2000-05 deville (along with many other gm models) tend to have concerns with intermediate steering shafts.

Lithorian 01-11-2008 03:07 AM

can the intermediate shaft on the 95 deville make noise, cuz the car i was given has been doing it for years the tirods are all pretty tight and the car rides straight as hell, if it was the tie rods one of em woulda broke by now id think

slowroll 01-11-2008 06:49 PM

Its not the tie rod end it's the stabilizer link. Its a metal rod that connects front sway bar to the strut. The metal bar has little ball joints that wear out and make noise.

Lithorian 01-13-2008 04:36 PM

my sway bar links are the old style, they are the bolt through design tha goes through the sway bar and into the control arm, they didnt look broken...