Cadillac Forum - Enthusiast forums for Cadillac Owners

Cadillac Forum - Enthusiast forums for Cadillac Owners (https://www.cadillacforum.com/forum/)
-   Cadillac Deville (https://www.cadillacforum.com/forum/cadillac-deville-15/)
-   -   digital dash not working (https://www.cadillacforum.com/forum/cadillac-deville-15/digital-dash-not-working-9071/)

Schwinn68 05-24-2009 12:19 PM

digital dash not working

Hello all, I'm new to this forum and this is my first thread. I mostly spend my time on Duramax forums but I'm in need of some help for my dad's cadillac. He has a 1989 Deville and the digital dash is not working. I did a search on here for similar problems and came up with a couple but they didn't get very in depth before the problem was solved.

I've read the sticky about getting help on here and this is what I have so far. We have tried multiple times to unhook the battery and get the car to reboot and this has not worked. The car has recently gotten a new ecm. The car runs and drive's just fine but no digital dash. We have also checked the fuses and all seem to be fine. The wiring seems to be in good shape with all grounds hooked up.

Hopefully I've provided enough information to start the trouble shooting process but If I need to provide additional information I would be happy to do so. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

rickyd 05-25-2009 08:19 AM

ok so, is the dash not lighting a result your recent new ecm? or, was that a recommended soloution to correct the dash? now, did the dash show signs of going, ie: blinking, fading, wouldn't come on, then would after starting, or did it just go out, period. alright, if it just went out, tell us what was going on at the time it shut down.

i remember cadillac tech assistance saying change ignition switch on my 99 sts for starters when my digits went out but, were not saying that to you yet. though that may be it. sometimes those digital boards just go bad.

give the forum a little more info with how the dash stopped working. im sure another tech will also jump in to assist with this one. hang in, welcome to the forum, and good luck. well talk later............
rickyd

Schwinn68 05-25-2009 09:36 PM

thanks for the reply! I'll check with him tomorrow to see what was going on when it happened. I'll ask him about the ecm too.

Rachael Gould 07-31-2018 11:13 AM

90 eldorado touring coupe No Digital illumination

were having same issue with our digital instruments cluster is blacked out n has been for 3 years, have been unsuccessful in locating cause of this issue,all fuses are good, car runs n drives flawlessly, after theftlock became activated, our mechanic wired a resistor in on steering column wiring harness, shortly after that the dash went blank, we've been using a GPS app on our phone for determining mphspeed while driving,and put gas in every time we drive to avoid running out, any help resolving this issue would be greatly appreciated

peter.handscomb 01-07-2019 01:14 PM

Gas gauge will appear sometimes and other times. it will black out plus the car does not overheat but it says check cooling system seems fine gas cages the real problem.

:mad::mad::mad: